MUA's-your go to bridal foundation?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FaydeneefMUA

Reaction score
Looking to expand my kit so hoping you lovelies can tell me your go to bridal foundation and why. Thanks 😊

Illamasqua skin base! Love there hydravile primer too! Skin base has good coverage luminosity no spf and staying power!

Skin base for me too. But i also really love my airbrush (airbase). It's so quick and looks flawless. And stays all day.

I tried airbase and didn't like it, but love temptu airbrush systems

I sold my airbrush years ago!!! I did love it but prefer foundation. Found with air brush wasn't good for under eye bags, contour etc

I find it easier to contour with temptu airbrush than with traditional makeup

I am a bridal and photographic MUA. I mainly use Make-up Forever HD Foundation.

There are a couple of suppliers here in the UK. I buy mine from Make-up Emporium.

Love this foundation. It photograph's beautifully, suits almost every skin type, they have so many shades. The foundation is also build-able.

I also forgot to add! It last's all day too! ;)

I use jane Iredales liquid mineral foundation & finish with amazing base, it gives a lovely radiant dewy glow & lasts, I also use Art Deco hd foundations all photograph well x

One size does not fit all, you need a few different foundations for different skin types. I currently use these:

Chanel Vita Lumier Aqua
Chanel Perfection Lumier
Diorskin Forever
MAC Face & Body
Face Atelier
Make Up For Ever HD
Airbase
Vichy Dermablend

I have 4-9 shades of each and have built these up over a period of time through trial and error.

The Dermablend is great for problem/acne skin
The Chanel Vita Lumier is great for mature or normal skin

I don't like the Airbase or the Chanel Perfection Lumier, I did, but better things come along.

I LOVE the MUFE, MAC F&B and the Face Atelier

I am still looking at other brands e.g. Georgio Armani and RCMA so will most probably buy those soon.

I am a bit obsessed with foundation though!

I hope this helps

X

One size does not fit all, you need a few different foundations for different skin types. I currently use these:

Chanel Vita Lumier Aqua
Chanel Perfection Lumier
Diorskin Forever
MAC Face & Body
Face Atelier
Make Up For Ever HD
Airbase
Vichy Dermablend

I have 4-9 shades of each and have built these up over a period of time through trial and error.

The Dermablend is great for problem/acne skin
The Chanel Vita Lumier is great for mature or normal skin

I don't like the Airbase or the Chanel Perfection Lumier, I did, but better things come along.

I LOVE the MUFE, MAC F&B and the Face Atelier

I am still looking at other brands e.g. Georgio Armani and RCMA so will most probably buy those soon.

I am a bit obsessed with foundation though!

I hope this helps

X

whats yout thoughts on illamasque skin base and is there anywhere you can try it?

Thank you ladies. I currently have Mac face and body but was looking at MUFE HD foundation but I'm not sure which shades would be best to get for my kit. I'm up in Aberdeen and we're mostly quite pale skinned apart from the younger tan lovers. Any tips on must have shades?

whats yout thoughts on illamasque skin base and is there anywhere you can try it?

Not tried it yet as I hear conflicting reviews on it (some love it, some hate it) so I've not put it on the top of my list. Next time I'm in London I'll pop to Selfridges and give it a try.

Thank you ladies. I currently have Mac face and body but was looking at MUFE HD foundation but I'm not sure which shades would be best to get for my kit. I'm up in Aberdeen and we're mostly quite pale skinned apart from the younger tan lovers. Any tips on must have shades?

Kevin James Bennet recommends these shades to cover yourself:

Warm 117, 128, 177
Cool 115, 155, 178
Mixers 110, 185

I hope this helps.

Kevin James Bennet recommends these shades to cover yourself:

Warm 117, 128, 177
Cool 115, 155, 178
Mixers 110, 185

I hope this helps.
Ah fantastic that's a great help thank you sharkster :)

Evening ladies!

Just wondering if there are any new foundations you recommend for bridal makeup? Any new favourites for anyone??

x

I know it hasbeen previously mentioned but its RCMA for me because it gives buildable coverage, yet the skin still looks like skin! I used it on the bride in my profile picture, mixed with Mac strobe cream to give that bridal 'glow',

My tip would be to buy samples of foundations and trial on yourself first and see what you think. Now, I am dry but certain foundations mentioned above didn't last all day for me, and I think thats a miniumum requirement for bridal make up!

I'm trialing Mac Pro longwear foundation on myself at the moment as I prefer a medium/fuller coverage and I've been really impressed! Might even wear it on my wedding day!

I know it hasbeen previously mentioned but its RCMA for me because it gives buildable coverage, yet the skin still looks like skin! I used it on the bride in my profile picture, mixed with Mac strobe cream to give that bridal 'glow',

My tip would be to buy samples of foundations and trial on yourself first and see what you think. Now, I am dry but certain foundations mentioned above didn't last all day for me, and I think thats a miniumum requirement for bridal make up!

I'm trialing Mac Pro longwear foundation on myself at the moment as I prefer a medium/fuller coverage and I've been really impressed! Might even wear it on my wedding day!

Thanks SallyGirlJojo for your comments! Will be sure to give it a try, whats the best webpage to get it from?

I second rcma. It's lovely to work with and ohotographs beautifully.
I buy mine from beautylish x

Latest posts

Back