Mushy hair bonds

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurenSparkles

Reaction score
Hi,

Iv had individual bonded extensions (pro styles) in for around 6 weeks. Iv noticed that a lot if the bonds at the back of my head that the bonds feel mushy and can easily be squeezed & bended.

I only wash my hair once a week and only dry the ends fully and do the roots on a cool dry.

They are driving me insane, what could this be???

Hi sounds like your bonds are starting to soften what shampoo and conditioner are you using on them? X

I use the pro styles shampoo that the hairdresser gave me then I only use conditioner on the very ends xx

I have a client like this and they are constantly sliding out and going tacky. The bonds even have "splits" down the middle where they are breaking away. Can anyone advise me on this?

Thanks xx

Could be caused by products not being rinsed out if the hair for long enough leaving some residue on the bonds.
How long are you rinsing the shampoo and conditioner out of the hair for?

The hair will need to be removed and re-tipped, as the bonds are soft they will slide out x

I'm having them out on September anyway. I stand in the shower for ages until no soap suds come from my hair. Could it be the heat off my head? Xx

I had this same problem when I had the glued in bonds (sorry I don't know the technical term)
After about a 3weeks/a month, they became sticky and I could easily squish them between my fingers. Because they were constantly sticky my hair that wasn't in the bonds would stick to them and it created one massive knot in the middle of my hair. I put it down to my aftercare, but now I'm not sure. I used a Paul Mitchell shampoo that was recommended and as Lauren did, only used the conditioner on the ends. I didn't blow dry my hair as that made them worst and plaited my hair every night to avoid knotting.

I'm going to try the nano rings next, these obviously didn't suit me.

I have recently brought some keratin bonding glue to use in my hot pot. I tested it out on a dolls heads and I found it never set. It was almost rubber like. A lot of people have bin saying there's some bad batches of glue.

Did you find the bonds go hard straight away? Xx

I'm having them out on September anyway. I stand in the shower for ages until no soap suds come from my hair. Could it be the heat off my head? Xx

Is not be leaving then till September to have then taken out. If the bonds are soft and squishy your chances of matting are increasing. Id be getting them taken out and re-tipped ASAP.

Soft bonds (especially ones that were hard to start with) can be down aftercare, so products not being washed out properly. You may need to rinse for a lot longer than you think.

As your bonds are already damaged, water will be soaking into then and just damaging them further

Latest posts

Back