Music License in Salons

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruby19

Reaction score
Hi All,

I have a question regarding music licenses for salons - after my first letter telling me I need this (wasn't sure if it was junk mail) and some research on the internet it does appear that I need a music license for my salon. My question is, has anyone else received similar letters and ignored them and if so what happened. Did the letters and harassment stop after a while?

Or how many letters did you receive before you eventually decided to get the license? Has anyone ever had a visit in the shop from one of their 'snoopers'?

In these difficult times this is another cost I could do without. I am only a small one room salon and may have to consider turning my background music off.

Thanks for any help :)

You will need a PPL licence and a PRS licence to play music.
You can but special cd's where you don't need a licence. Obviously they will cost more than your average cd.
If you ask at your local dvd store, i'm sure someone can point you in the right direction.:)

The PRS people are relentless. I ignored them for a while and they threatened me with court.

Ignoring them won't really be very economical i the long term!

The licenses aren't that expensive to get. But if that is an issue work out the cost of them, then work out how many of your most profitable treatments you need to do in order to cover the cost. Then get those treatments booked in, call in some clients who haven't been in for a while, send an e-mail to newsletter subscribers, put an offer out - 10% discount voucher for use in 2010 with all treatments in 2009. Then use these extra treatments to cover the costs.

Mat

Latest posts

Back