My 1st Attempt At Glitter On Tip (l+p)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tsia

Reaction score
Hello geeklings!!
I just thought I'd show you all my 1st attempt with pink glitter on the tips.

I am not a pro and only do nails on myself but I have recently been admiring the glitter tipped nails I have seen by all you geeks that have posted pics in the gallery.
Anyway, since I am not a pro, I have not got round to getting any glitter powder to try them for myself, and I had my best friends wedding to go to this weekend (which was great btw:lol: )
So I did a layer of pink transparent acrylic, painted just the tip with pink glitter nail varnish, and because I'm a nail biter, lengthened my nail bed with flawless, then went over the whole lot with the pink again. And here is my effort! ~(they are 3 days old now but looked even better newly done)

I know its not the way to do gliiter tips but I didnt have time to get glitter powder so I improvised:eek: :lol:
At first I thought the top layer wouldnt settle, stick,cure, etc on top of the varnish, but it did and held out quite well.:green:

I loved them and was really proud showing them off to everybody.. however, my fella didnt and said that it looked like I hadnt finished PAINTING THEM!!:irked:

Anyway, what does he know?? He doesnt have to wear them! LOL

What do you think for my 1st effort?? (soz about quality of photos, my camera is poo) :green:

Attachments

• pink tips 1.JPG
    pink tips 1.JPG
    49.8 KB · Views: 279
  • pink tips 2.JPG
    pink tips 2.JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 270
Good effort chick. You managed a decent smile line with the glitter paint. Pics aren't great though so its a lil hard to comment

Hi there

Pretty good for a first attempt. Bravo

XX J XX

Very good. x

Hun, that is really good......so when are you going pro??????

I keep teeling her guys but she won't listen, someone please tell the girl she has talent!

you've done a very good job Tsia, well done :D

So I did a layer of pink transparent acrylic, painted just the tip with pink glitter nail varnish, and because I'm a nail biter, lengthened my nail bed with flawless, then went over the whole lot with the pink again.
I'm assuming you used Retention+ with the Flawless powder, being as you're not professionally trained yet where did you get hold of them?

I do have to agree with Pickle though, get your self some professional training mate, you'll do really well :D

you've done a very good job Tsia, well done :D

I'm assuming you used Retention+ with the Flawless powder, being as you're not professionally trained yet where did you get hold of them?

I do have to agree with Pickle though, get your self some professional training mate, you'll do really well :D

Yes retention+ and flawless, and creative white, clear etc..
got them from ebay.... i know, i know, I can hear you tutting from UK! LOL
But I DO NOT do any other nails, only mine, never have, never will whilst I am not trained.

Also, I dont have a wholesalers near me living in the country, let alone a trade card so this is my only option, other than spending £40+ each time for my set, but then I cant practice doing nails, only art.
I would like to do nails part time, but have already got a 9-5 job I love and my driving instructor training has come through that I can start very soon.

I most probably will do some sort of training in the next 3 years but for now, its just not the right time.
xxx:hug:

i am going to sound a complete cowbag now and i truely dont wish too, but why would you come on a site for 'Professional Nailteks' if you dont even 'do' nails or have any intention of doing any training?

Sorry i just scratch my head at this!

AMB xxxxxx

i am going to sound a complete cowbag now and i truely dont wish too, but why would you come on a site for 'Professional Nailteks' if you dont even 'do' nails or have any intention of doing any training?

Sorry i just scratch my head at this!

AMB xxxxxx

No thats OK hun. x I understand totally where your coming from. Sometimes I feel like fraudster on this site! LOL

I have an interest in nails and loved having them on and the variety they gave with different arts on them etc... but never looked at it seriously because I was busy with other plans.
I found this site after google doing a search for me on the gastric band and peoples experinces on that.
I didnt even know it existed and found out that everyone is so lovely I started to get even more interested in nails.
Just cos I'm not a 'pro' or havent done the training doesnt mean I wont in the future. Finding this site and everyones compliments and advice makes me want to more now. But this year, I have lots of other stuff going on. And I'm only 27 so got plenty of time yet.

I just love this site and looking through the gallery getting ideas.:green:

I love the colour you have used tsia, i have a glitter pretty much the same colour but as yet not used it.
Maybe someday i can find a client to give it a go lol

Well done :hug:

lovely nails

I think they are might fine smile line is good you should take nails up you obvioulsy have a flair for them!!

They look pretty good, seems you have learnt quite a bit from the Nail Geek site.
Looks like you have a genuine interest, now all it will take is some genuine training, then you won't have to resort to buying questionable products from ebay.
Good luck.

I was like Tsia.

I started just by fussing around at home for myself. Initially when I earned my DEP in cosmetology, it was with hairdressing in mind with a few extra add-on's. I hadn't intended to be solely focused on nails. But then, near 20yrs ago... they weren't quite the fad they are now.
As the years went on, and I learned more and more and EXPERIMENTED more and more; I played with the idea of going pro while having a career in something else.
Now, I've furthered my training, gone pro and looking forward to more training.
One never knows what's down the road.

I personally would rather see her here, learning, doing it herself than going to the NSS cause a quality tech is too pricey for her budget, and getting her naturals nails all shot up or worse. (mind you, that is NOT the ideal situation for most people, many would do worse damage than the nss)

She's showed a knack for it, and I'm rooting for her and hoping that she will turn pro. Not many that have a natural knack for it with no training.

Tsia: YOU LISTENING?? go take a course, you WON'T regret it
:hug:

I was like Tsia.

I started just by fussing around at home for myself. Initially when I earned my DEP in cosmetology, it was with hairdressing in mind with a few extra add-on's. I hadn't intended to be solely focused on nails. But then, near 20yrs ago... they weren't quite the fad they are now.
As the years went on, and I learned more and more and EXPERIMENTED more and more; I played with the idea of going pro while having a career in something else.
Now, I've furthered my training, gone pro and looking forward to more training.
One never knows what's down the road.

I personally would rather see her here, learning, doing it herself than going to the NSS cause a quality tech is too pricey for her budget, and getting her naturals nails all shot up or worse. (mind you, that is NOT the ideal situation for most people, many would do worse damage than the nss)

She's showed a knack for it, and I'm rooting for her and hoping that she will turn pro. Not many that have a natural knack for it with no training.

Tsia: YOU LISTENING?? go take a course, you WON'T regret it
:hug:

Yeah I'm Listening. Reading your post made me smile. xxx

I only have one niggling phobia with turning pro though.... Having to touch other peoples dirty hands. :eek: LOL

really nice Tsia, well done. Love the colour too.You have certainly got talent go for it girl!!

Yeah I'm Listening. Reading your post made me smile. xxx

I only have one niggling phobia with turning pro though.... Having to touch other peoples dirty hands. :eek: LOL

Make them wash them before you touch them, I never sat down in a salon chair yet with out washing hands first :)

Tsia, looks like you have a real flair for nails, you should go with the majority and when time is right and funds available go do a course, don't think you would regret it cos you obviously have a creative streak in you! :) I also think you should stay on this fab site it's great for ideas as you know and it'll give you the inspiration to finally go out there and do a course! Good luck hun with what you do! :green: xx

Tsia, looks like you have a real flair for nails, you should go with the majority and when time is right and funds available go do a course, don't think you would regret it cos you obviously have a creative streak in you! :) I also think you should stay on this fab site it's great for ideas as you know and it'll give you the inspiration to finally go out there and do a course! Good luck hun with what you do! :green: xx

Haha, dont worry, I love this site and am really addicted! I aint going anywhere! LOL:lol:

Thanks to everyone... you are all great and really supportive. xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back