My 1st custom blend with gel

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

carend

Reaction score
Decided to be brave and submit my 1st nail critique:green:
Made my 1st custom blend mix out of akzentz warm coverage mixed with a couple of blobs(technical i know!) of white sculpting gel.
Don't know if the colour's right but didn't really know what else to add to make it a bit less pink-was thinking probably a touch of orange to warm it up or a touch of bluey purple? to make it cooler?but wasn't sure so didn't do it...didn't want my nails to look like they'd been tangoed!Lol
Added a touch of sparkle to represent the half moons-which i only have on my thumbs,
And decided to hand paint a daffodil on one of my fingers just coz its that time of year!
I know these nails are far from perfect but just wanted some critique on whether the colour is ok on the nail beds or not
Thanks for any replies:hug:

ps these are my nails by the way in case i forgot to mention and i know i could've extended the nail beds further but need to keep them short coz of the babies:green:

why do the pics come out so bad when i resize them!grrrr
are the file size limits larger for critique?...off to see if i can edit

lovely attempt keep it up xxx

thankyou-have changed the pics now so they look a bit better i think
xxx

I think that the colour suits your skin tone really well xx

Well Done

thankyou hun!!!!:hug:

I love the daffodil really cute how did you do it?

I love the daffodil really cute how did you do it?

hi thanks marian
i wasn't too sure on the daf myself-think it could've done with being a bit smaller-will try that next time i get bored...
i did it with acrylic paints
started off with 3 petals in yellow then added a touch of white to the yellow to do another 3 petals behind, then painted the centre in orange then blended in the centre of the orange blob to break it up,then added 4 white blobs in the middle for the polleny bits(sorry can't think of the technical name)then added a stem and some leaves and then add shading and highlights to the whole thing. then sealed with super shiny,think i got a bit carried away and took the pics before super shiny tho?...
glad u like it:hug:

thanks for sharing your daffie "how to" lol. I am gonna give it a go now but doubt it will look half as good! Awe well worth a try!

i like the custom blend color, but i see what you mean, it would be tweaked a little. but what i really wanted to comment on was the glitter moons, I LOVE THAT! i'm SO gonna borrow that one :green:

I'm not a gel girl, but I hope my critique still works :p

Shape-4 (Very natural looking, good for your nail bed and finger shape.)
Sidewalls and edges-4 (Look flush and smooth, maybe just a BIT more in the cuticle area, but not too much.)
Apex Placement-3 (A bit inconsistent, some are good while others are too forward or too far back.)
Smile Line-4 (Very gentle smile, looks very natural and matches the free edge well.)
Use of Color-4 (I quite like the color of this blend. Not sure how you could improve it, it matches perfectly. I'm just not sure about the glitter moons :p Maybe just not my thing. Neat idea, I'd do it with a natural color myself, but again, I don't do gel, so I don't know how possible that is.)
Design-3 (The flower is very cute, very Springy. I love daffodils! I paint them a lot this time of year.)

Overall, very good, natural looking nails. The only thing I'd do is thin the free edge a bit. It might just be because it's gel, but I think the white looks to be thicker than the pink. A couple of swipes of a file would straight that right out.

Great job,
Jess

thankyou sooooo much jess thats just what i needed constructive criticism :)
and thanks nikki too only just saw your reply
xxxxxxx:hug:xxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back