my bag was stolen

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thebeautychic

Reaction score
my boyfriend left my bag in the boot of my car as we was walking 2 the shop & couldnt b bothered 2 carry it. i would never usually do this as there was a lot of money in my bag i dont no y i left it in my bag.
the next morning we woke up looking 4 my car keys but i couldnt find them, he thought he might have locked them in the boot. we opened it with the spare key but they werent there and nor was my bag.
some1 must have found the keys and gone in my car & taken my bag.
there was around £250 cash, bank cards, driving lisence, make up, perfume,earings, and some bits 4 work oh yeah and my phone, car keys house keys & address.
iv cancelled all my cards & called the police who im still waiting 2 hear from.
& iv changed the locks on the house

luckly everything can b replaced but i will no never to b so stupid again.

:hug: x
we never learn until after things like this happen, and unfortunately it makes it (more often than not) an expensive lesson.

xx

Sorry to hear of your stollen bag. Its a hard painful lesson, but I bet you never do that again.

We were once 'got' when we lived in very quiet area, hardly no other houses around us (hardly ever locked the cars!) and very much up highlands away from the general town, however, I got up one morning to find the kitchen window slightly open. I scanned around for my bag which was always left over the door handle - no bag, no car keys, mobile phone etc, but the robbers didnt step right into the house, just stood on the kitchen sink under the window and reached for the items. Luckily they didnt take both our performance cars (must have been disturbed) but it cost us house lock changes, car lock changes (almost £1K which we had to pay as we both had over £300 excess to pay on our insurance). A neighbour found my bag within a couple of hours thrown in her garden but emptied, plus my bank for £350 (had my number 'hiding' in a zipped part of my bag!). A very expensive lesson, but learned anyway now. We _never_ leave the cars open and we always take my bag and car keys to bed each evening, never leave anything on show for an opportunist.

Sorry I have rambled on.... you will soon get over this episode, as you were not mugged, its just darn annoying that there are so many theives about. If you are anything like me, you will be doubly aware of security from now on.

Hope you get bank cards and keys sorted out without too much distress.
We have key cover now (allways in hindsite huh!) and card protection so I only have to phone the CPP and they cancel all my cards for me and have them re-issued with just one call.

im ok about it at the end of the day its only money & like i said these things can b replaced. though sometimes i wonder if i have any braincells:biggrin: .
thanks 4 your kind words x:hug:

We are all sitting ducks for these thieves. I had my bag stolen 6 weeks ago in Alicante Airport!! When I went to pick up David (deejay). What a welcome for him.

We were sitting there having a coffee and talking and I hung the bag over the back of my chair and leaned against it THINKING no one can get that!! 2 guys pushed thru the tables, bumped into my chair, knocked me forward while the other snatched the bad. Passport (American), cell phone (switched on), cards, drivers lisence (UK), money wallet (Fendi) the BAG itself (special present from my husband) etc. All these things really add up when you think about it. Before you know it there are several thousand pounds worth of things GONE. NOt to mention the trip to Madrid to get a new passport!! Whenever I think I've got it beat, they have another scam waiting in the wings.

I, too, had my bag stolen at Tenerife airport - just as we arrived. Foolishly I had my bag on my back. My partner was walking behind me, but we got distracted and told to walk another way by a taxi driver, so I ended up walking behind. When we got to the taxi to pay - my bag was wide open with my purse gone! Had holiday spending money in it and credit cards. Luckily I had put passports and 1 other credit card in a travel wallet - which they didnt get. But needless to say it was an awful start to our holiday. Then we got to our hotel to be told we were only booked in to a double room (we had our son with us too!) so after much arguing we ended up in a double room with 3 single beds crammed in! Its a good job the sun was shining thats all I can say Haha.

I also had my bag stolen from my car a few years ago in England, and since then I only carry the bare minimum in it. They took my driving license, child benefit book, money, cards etc. So that's my lesson learned. It gets annoying sometimes when you need something but it's the only safe way.

Thieving scumbags....get a job and earn money like the rest of us....one year we had been and done the xmas food shop.....400 quids worth....meat...fish...chocolates...etc....we stopped off at a friends house to deliver a xmas card and nipped in for a quick cuppa...we must have been 15 mins max....all the food was gone from the boot.....i was livid....at myself for not locking it and at the scum bags who stole it.....like you said its all replaceable but still makes ya wanna scream......xxx

these are all horrible stories to read ...and makes me so angry. My lovely nan had her purse stolen a while back...the shock for her was so upsetting. She was helping someone out at the time..turned out to be this 'person' conned her while the other helped themselves to her purse... :sad: I believe the wicked are repaid one way or another but doesnt help at the time does it :sad:

Bit different but...

My son (15 years old) bought himself a trials motorbike that had failed an MOT, he wanted to do it up and use it offroad. He spent around 4 months in the garage through the cold winter, nearly every night and most weekends doing it up. Anyway, the day after he finished it, I came home in the evening. When I got indoors, I moaned at him for leaving the garage door open again. His dad had a go too, we moaned that someone will see his bike (and incidentally his dad's bigger, more expensive one) and steal it. My son replied "I did shut the door..." then the realisation came over him. We ran outside, but his bike was gone. He hadn't even had a chance to ride it. It wasn't insured, so the poor kid was left with nothing. He'd sold most of his other belongings to get it, determined to do this for himself. You can imagine how bad this was.

The next day hubby bought £90 worth of locks, to protect his bike. Too late for my son, eh?! We managed to scrape together enough money to get him another bike, but my son is more wounded about the amount of time spent. Oh, the boys who nicked it are well known in the nearest estate for trouble, we got a letter from the courts to say one of them had bveen tried for stealing the bike, found guilty, we dont know what his punishment (HAH!!!) is, but we're obviously not getting the bike back.

Oh, and 2 weeks after the bike was stolen, my husband was working away, when the van was broken into, and all his tools stolen, 20 years worth of buying tools gone in one night. £3000 worth of uninsured stuff, never gonna get back. (insurance companies won't touch these items unless the van is in a locked compound, even then they charge extortionate rates, I guess these instances happen so often, they're almost routine!)

NailStyle said:
Thieving scumbags....get a job and earn money like the rest of us..........xxx
Well said Angie!

Unfortunately i too have had my bag stolen....i had my diary in it, and the thought of someone else reading it, well.. :o But i was most upset at the loss of my photos.

I had my work keys and house keys in the bag, so had to have all the locks changed. i didn't have much money, thankfully. But after paying the excess on the insurance, (maybe i shouldn't've been so honest about the money in my bag!) i was really out of pocket and actually felt i'd been robbed all over again!

Why can't the courts make them pay the money back, especially Teenas sons bike for example, as the scumbag who pinched it has been found guilty!

Let's hope you are right Tracy, the wicked will get their comeuppance!! :evil:

Latest posts

Back