My Brushes Are Drying Out!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't use Calgel but how about wrapping the bristles in cling film or the like. Just a thought x
Thanks Chris for the idea. I did try this and then wrapped the cling film in foil and still lost one of my brushes. Sorry to say.

For those interested, just updating you regarding the response from HO in Luton. I spoke on the phone just now to Robyn who promised to try to email me later today with specific intructions re caring for the brushes between clients. So watch this space as I will copy & paste her reply.

Robyn did remind me that their brushes aren't made of animal hair but synthetic fibres and are not expensive in comparison to other professional brushes. Therefore the care of them is quite specific.

See ya later xx

hi there

I always just wipe lightly over my brushes in the end of the day with a wipe soaked in calguard and reshape the brisltles, I don't even use the plastic cover, just put them straight into my technicians tidy file keeper. I've never had any problems, just soften them up when I'm going to use them in one pump of calguard and dry. They're great and realy inexpensive

I don't like the fridge idea as my family would probably use them to stir the yogurt pots!

Sorry to go off topic, but I'll never forget the time I went to pick up my baby from my (ex) mother-in-law's. She told me she was in the kitchen washing the dishes when in strolls my (ex) brother-in-law. As he stands talking to her he glances down at his shoes and obviously sees a mark or some mud. He reaches over to where all the cutlery is stacked in the drying rack, picks up my baby's bottle brush from there, and swipes it a few times across his shoe before replacing it in the rack!

I recently did my Calgel course and they said nothing about putting your brush in the fridge :eek:

All I do is give my brush a wipe with a lint free pad with the tiniest amount of Calguard on (leaving a tiny amount of gel on the brush), wrap tightly and securely in tinfoil and store in a dark place.

So far I've had no problems and the brush is soft and "moist" when I unwrap it to use the next time.

The only thing that has happened due to my own stupidity is that the bristles are slightly tilted now instead of being perfectly flat when you look at them dead on, because when I wrapped the tinfoil round the once I got a bit too enthusiastic and twisted the bristles instead of keeping them flat !!

Marlise

I actually had the same thing happening!
I used another brush before which didn,t gave any trouble but just started to look a bit worn out since i have it for 7 years so i bought another one which was a bit cheaper.
I didn,t came in contact with sunlight or the uv lamp but is as hard as a rock! I have no idea how this happened since this never happened to me before:!:
I was really upset since it was brandnew and i was so happy with it. Now i just get grumpy every time i look at that rock hard brush :irked:

Dear Gill,
i seem to have the same problem, no matter what i do, following the procedure to a T, the brushes dry and split!!! and then its so hard and literaly impossible to proceed with overlays. So what do we do??

Latest posts

Back