My client's legs won't tan

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PrincessJen83

Reaction score
Hi everyone.
Wondering what if anyone has had a similar problem.
I have a lovely client who comes regularly for spray tans. I use tan solutions which I absolutely love and I use the 12% on her which is her preference.
She is always thrilled with her tan but her legs never seem to go as dark as the rest of her body. To the point of her having to always use instant tan over on the day she goes out.i have seen the pictures too myself and its so strange as I go over the legs twice. She follows the pre care to a tee so its not that.
I know it may just be her melolin etc but looking for any advice please xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

I have this problem myself, I thought it could be because I wax my legs?! my feet tan lovely but my legs are always at least 2/3 shades lighter..... I always do 3/4 coats on me legs or re spray my legs the next day, maybe advise she exfoliates 1 day before.

If I remember rightly my trainer said parts that don't tan well in the sun will act the same with a spray tan! Don't know why or if I've just dreamt that!! lol xx

I have the same problem with my legs and they never tan naturally in the sun either (in fact i swear they get whiter!) its a good opportunity for you to retail tan in a can though ;)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using SalonGeek

A lot of tanning solutions react to the skins natural pigments (the darker you go on the sun the darker your spray tan will go). If her legs get covered up the most it may mean they don't tan that easy natural and therefore don't take as well to the spray tan. X

I always had this problem with St Tropez and Fake Bake. Never had this problem with any of the others solutions I have used, though.

Does she use body butters? They can be a nightmare especially the body shop ones u need to scrub extra hard when exfoliating legs if she does as it seems to seep into the skin a lot. Since i stopped using them my legs take normally x

Some of the Dove products also creates a barrier on the skin and doesn't allow the tan in ;)

Thanks for all your replies guys. Upon speaking to her it turns out her legs are always a shade lighter after sun exposure too so it must just be the way her legs react and the melolin etc.
Might try a shade darker on her legs next time see if it evens out a bit xxx

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

Weirdly my legs always go darker than the rest of my body with spray tan and I am so pale and never tan. I have to have a double spray on my body to match my legs, however on all my clients it's the other way around!

Latest posts

Back