'My Dream Website' - Anyone using this website provider?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Becky_simon

Reaction score
Hi there

I am using this lady for my website, shes hosts, creates, and designs logos as well as stationery.

My Dream Website - Web Design - Logo Design - About | Facebook

This is the only link I can find thats actually still working and this is her FB page.

Is anyone else using her? My questions my site is down and by the looks of it so is hers??

I want to know if anyone is with her and if so whether their site is not working?

I am slightly concerned as I had this happen to me before and I had to start fresh.

I have messaged her on FB and emailed her direct, no response 2 days on, she normal responds on the day!

If you click on the link to their actual site, it gives "this account has been suspended" which straight away makes me concerned. I'd go for a well-known host, something like 1&1, where you know that they're going to be reliable and not disappear.. I can't imagine the costs are that much different.

edit: plus the fact that there seems to be a number of people commenting that they've emailed them and not had a response back. Could just be things that have been missed, but again it sets off alarm bells with me.

Last edited:
If you click on the link to their actual site, it gives "this account has been suspended" which straight away makes me concerned. I'd go for a well-known host, something like 1&1, where you know that they're going to be reliable and not disappear.. I can't imagine the costs are that much different.

edit: plus the fact that there seems to be a number of people commenting that they've emailed them and not had a response back. Could just be things that have been missed, but again it sets off alarm bells with me.

Which people have commented? Im trying to find others to see if I am in the same boat as everyone else?

The link I attached should work its their FB site, I know there website is down

I paid a deposit for a couple of logos to be made.
I got a draft of the first one and wanted some tweaks made.
Sometimes I got replies to my emails but sometimes not.
I gave up in the end and was just thankful that I only paid a deposit.

I paid a deposit for a couple of logos to be made.
I got a draft of the first one and wanted some tweaks made.
Sometimes I got replies to my emails but sometimes not.
I gave up in the end and was just thankful that I only paid a deposit.

Really? I am shocked because I have been following her work for best part of a year, I had her on the side as I was having problems with my current provider. I had been in email contact with her and she was always fantastic with her email responses.

I ended up changing providers and I went with her, she was great, made my website perfect, really pleased no problems and paid her £££.

Now out of the blue she hasn't responded to anything and I have now noticed on her FB page there are several others that are asking her to respond to emails.

I really hope I haven't been stumped AGAIN....its sooooo costly :-(

Becky how did u come across this lady?

Becky how did u come across this lady?

She sent me a post on my FB wall saying she does websites, hosting and artwork/stationary for women. So I had a look at her page, saw all her work and comments off other people and liked what I saw, so 'liked' her page

Oh dear, sorry to hear about this. Unfortunately in that industry it's really easy to set yourself up as a "designer"- even if you're little more than an enthusiastic amatuer. They give pros like myself a bad rep- which is a shame.

Not suggesting that's the case here, but sites down, suspended accounts and no email responses is....odd.

I'm fairly sure she posted on here at one point- so I dont know if you want to use the search facility to see if she's been active at all.

Her last twitter was the 18th of August.

not much use now, I know, but I'd strongly suggest people only go with a company with a proven, sustained body of work that has been recommended by other people in your industry.

Last edited:
as Carl says, it will give people like the excellent Carl and Ruth a bad name, along with other designers on here.

Do you have a cached copy (one you've previously looked at) of your website you can perhaps copy all the content from

How many pages did you have in total Becky?

She says she onto it, and gives a "reason" why she been active recently, but if i were you, I'd be looking at getting your content asap. (she must have knew her own site was not working, but yet never done anything bout it, nor did she live a message on facebook/twitter)

Whateva you do, do not delete cookies, history or anything else in Firefox / Chrome, or whatever you use to browse the internet. Its better to have "some" content than none at all, if the worst happens (touch wood it wont!)

Also, looking at her Facebook Page, you really have to question why she offered a £225 (her words), website for £85 to include hosting etc. Hosting on its own can cost anywhere from £4-£10 a month!

The domain is in your name, but that could still cause problems, if you didn't register it, or if you have forgotten the login details for the domain provider

as Carl says, it will give people like the excellent Carl and Ruth a bad name, along with other designers on here.

Do you have a cached copy (one you've previously looked at) of your website you can perhaps copy all the content from

How many pages did you have in total Becky?

She says she onto it, and gives a "reason" why she been active recently, but if i were you, I'd be looking at getting your content asap. (she must have knew her own site was not working, but yet never done anything bout it, nor did she live a message on facebook/twitter)

Whateva you do, do not delete cookies, history or anything else in Firefox / Chrome, or whatever you use to browse the internet. Its better to have "some" content than none at all, if the worst happens (touch wood it wont!)

Also, looking at her Facebook Page, you really have to question why she offered a £225 (her words), website for £85 to include hosting etc. Hosting on its own can cost anywhere from £4-£10 a month!

The domain is in your name, but that could still cause problems, if you didn't register it, or if you have forgotten the login details for the domain provider

I had a homepage + 4/5 others.

She has been in contact with me by email yesterday to say she apologies but she has had family problems and all work related things have stopped. She says she doesn't understand why it's happened because she hadn't even done anything because she hadn't been working, think she said something about it mayb being GoDaddys fault.

I have no idea if the site is mine or hers, I simply asked her to make my site, host it and paid her. I had to fill numerous forms and sign a terms and conditions.

I only have a userID and password but not sure if they are valid.

I had a homepage + 4/5 others.

She has been in contact with me by email yesterday to say she apologies but she has had family problems and all work related things have stopped. She says she doesn't understand why it's happened because she hadn't even done anything because she hadn't been working, think she said something about it mayb being GoDaddys fault.

I have no idea if the site is mine or hers, I simply asked her to make my site, host it and paid her. I had to fill numerous forms and sign a terms and conditions.

I only have a userID and password but not sure if they are valid.

Hope it's nothing too serious for her family- but to help you in the future you need to make double sure that your content is protected. So see if she can provide an offline backup - as the designs, text and content SHOULD be yours and yours alone as soon as you pay for them. Your site going down because someone else hasn't paid the bills (for example) is unacceptable, but happens all the time.

p.s. I'm not sure that "suspended" accounts are GoDaddy's "fault" per se. But I've not heard great things about their hosting anyway.

Last edited:
What I will say is, when I was emailing her, which was around August, her father was ill, so it may very well be something to do with this.
I didn't feel her to be dishonest in any way. I just had problems with getting replies to my emails which under the circumstances was probably understandable but I did decide to leave it in the end because it was just a little frustrating.

Back