My first 2 paying clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jess88

Reaction score
I had my first 2 paying clients today for glitter tips and both of them had bitten nails and a lot of cuticle work to be done :sad:

I have only been doing nails for 3 months and am not experienced enough yet to be sculpting smile lines and using cover pinks so I had to put them quite far up the nail and overlay them , let me know what you think

I dip the tips in glitter then apply them to the nail, not sure if i can do it this way with the 2 colours as it would prob work better if i mixed it in the acrylic instead, but it woulod have took me forever, it took me 2 hours for gold and 2.5 hours for red and silver dipping it!!

Attachments

• gold.jpg
    gold.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 326
  • red glitter.jpg
    red glitter.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 329
Advice please :)

Advice please :)

I think you have done really well. They look very nice. Keep at it and practice practice practice xx

I think you have done really well. They look very nice. Keep at it and practice practice practice xx

Well done for posting !
Firstly the obvious thing is that your glitter French is way to low on the nail, higher up next time ! next is that they are too wide, easily fixed by taking your file straight along the sides, also, use your file to thin the free edge out, they look a tad flat too.
Take a look at the tutorials, there's some brilliant ones to learn about correct filing techniques hope this helps a bit ( I'm rubbish at explaining ! )X

Thanks for the replies, i know what you mean about it being too far down, think im gonna have to start practising making the nail bed longer on biter, you say they look flat, i thought that aswel but i was worried if i filed the edge too much it would file down to the glitter!

Thanks for the replies, i know what you mean about it being too far down, think im gonna have to start practising making the nail bed longer on biter, you say they look flat, i thought that aswel but i was worried if i filed the edge too much it would file down to the glitter!

The best thing is that you can see where you need to practice ! X

Latest posts

Back