My first attempt at encased dried flowers

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ns21

Reaction score
This is my first attempt at mini dried flowers. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I am going to order more flowers of different colors. I'll post new pictures as soon as I get more flowers.
www.nailsbynidia.com/alice.jpg

I bought the flowers from LeChat for $6.97. Is there anywhere else that sells them? I went to NSI website and they have them for 4.99 in the UK, how much is that in dollars? Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks
Nidia

Hi Nidia
They are lovely, very elegant. Well done. I am thinking of trying dried flowers sometime soon and have been looking round for good prices, they are fairly dear here in the UK.
4.99 GBP = 9.48397 USD
So yours at $6.97 is good as there is prolly p&p on top of any supplier here?

I read a thread on here recently that said NOW is the time for us all to get out and pick the forget-me-knots as they are in full bloom. Then dry them yourselves. I drive past a patch of forget-me-knot every evening on my way home. Maybe I will pick a bunch tonight.

JCS said:
Hi Nidia
They are lovely, very elegant. Well done. I am thinking of trying dried flowers sometime soon and have been looking round for good prices, they are fairly dear here in the UK.
4.99 GBP = 9.48397 USD
So yours at $6.97 is good as there is prolly p&p on top of any supplier here?

I bought some flowers recently from www.atyourfingertips.org.uk. Sue is one of our very own Geeks. The prices were good and the service was great.

ns21 said:
This is my first attempt at mini dried flowers. It wasn't as bad as I thought. I am going to order more flowers of different colors. I'll post new pictures as soon as I get more flowers.
www.nailsbynidia.com/alice.jpg

I bought the flowers from LeChat for $6.97. Is there anywhere else that sells them? I went to NSI website and they have them for 4.99 in the UK, how much is that in dollars? Does anyone have an idea?

Thanks
Nidia
Nidia, approx 4.99 GBP
United Kingdom Pounds = 9.48249 USD
United States Dollars HTH

They're very pretty Nidia.

Very very nice!

I've got loads of them but I've not worked out if you apply them directly onto the natural nail with adhesive and then apply the clear acrylic over the flower or do you apply the flowe onto the finished nail and then apply another coat of acrylic or clear polish! Anybody know?

Tilly xx

Tilly Ann said:
Very very nice!

I've got loads of them but I've not worked out if you apply them directly onto the natural nail with adhesive and then apply the clear acrylic over the flower or do you apply the flowe onto the finished nail and then apply another coat of acrylic or clear polish! Anybody know?

Tilly xx

Hi Tilly, I have tried these. They are very fiddly to say the least. I applied a thin coat of gel first, then placed flower in position and applied another 2 coats of overlay to ensure fully embedded. It wasn't the easiest thing to do & I need lots more practice. HTH ;) As for your first attempt Nidia, I think they are fab!

Nat

Thanks Nat!

The first time I did it I don't think I applied a thick enough coat over it cos I filed it straight of LOL!!! I am such a dumbo at times!!

Thanks hun! I'll try it on my client tonight!!!!

Tilly xx

Nat Tov said:
Hi Tilly, I have tried these. They are very fiddly to say the least. I applied a thin coat of gel first, then placed flower in position and applied another 2 coats of overlay to ensure fully embedded. It wasn't the easiest thing to do & I need lots more practice. HTH ;) As for your first attempt Nidia, I think they are fab!

Nat

Latest posts

Back