My first paying spray tan clients done, yay!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MissLou

Reaction score
Hello geeks!

I had my first mini spray tan marathon/party tonight and I think it went well :)

So far all I've had is my mum and sister so tonight was my first proper paying clients, they were three sisters but the twist was they are half nigerian half irish-what strength do u use!?!?!! Id be interested to hear what u guys would have used, luckily for me there was no disscussion they wanted the darkest (14%) and that was that.

Now I've had this everytime recently when im spraying for the first ten mins or in this case the first client there were wet patches that began to run, the product seemed really watery yet not all over and after the first one was done it was pretty much fine after that so is this right or am I doing something wrong? Its annoying cuz it doesnt look professional even tho I blended it and it looks fine id rather it didn't happen.
I rinse my spray gun out with water after every spray and let it dry out....anyone have any insight?

So glad I've got the first one out the wayits scary but also exciting doing your first paying client!!!! Yay! :)

Sent from my G690A using SalonGeek

Have u got your gun turned up to high? It maybe up to high resulting in it running? Xx

Hi Hun

Well done on doing your first paying clients :) worst part is over now lol :)

It could be a couple of things...

a) do you have your gin set too high? (as suggested above)

b) before you start spraying, so you spray on to couch roll? Because although you let your gun dry, what's inside the gun won't dry so this needs to be sprayed through. So best to do this on couch roll rather than on to a client!

c) you could maybe be spraying too slow, which means tan will 'collect' in an area resulting in a running tab

Hope one of them help hun, I would imagine it's B if it only happens when you first start spraying the first person xxx

Thank you!!! :D

Yeah I did wonder wether I had it turned up too much, I did adjust a few sprays ago and I done my mum and it was almost 'liney' not that you could hardly see so I turned it up a bit but seemed ok, yes I do spray onto the couch roll every time before spraying...could be my speed but I'm quite quick to be honest...maybe its that i have it turned up too much? but then it wouldn't explain why it stops after a while would it?....hmmmm I'm slightly baffled lol

Thank you for your suggestions!

Firstly congratulations on getting your first paying clients done.

I think as your problem was only on your first client it might be a one off but if it was to happen again I would guess at your gun being a teeny bit too high and the fact that it's your first clients so your not going quite as quickly as you would after you get into the flow of things if you know what I mean.

I would say turn the gun down just a teensy bit and see how things go next time.

Well done on your first paying clients! I have my first pamper party this week and a mini spray tan party, can't wait until its over lol!

Thank you guys, yep good idea i will try turning it down a wee bit.

beautybyk-congrats on your bookings and try not to worry it will be fine! I was very nervous but I think it's a good sign if you are a bit nervous :) I was the same half excited but half dreading my first paid clients but soon as its out the way your good to go lol you'll be fine, let us know how you get on :)

Also an update on last nights events, my client text me today and said thank you lovely colour etc they are happy but still could have gone darker....I used the darkest Suntanna has which is 14%!!!!!

As previously said these clients were already slightly dark skinned, half nigerian half irish but my understanding is that even if they already have colour they'd still go darker just like a very pale person would go darker in the sun more gradually and be more noticeable so would a darker skinned person right? Just because the skin is olive, darker etc they would still go darker in natural sunlight (all skin is the same regardless of colour) so the DHA theroy still stands they go darker...so I'm a little confussed as to how the 14% was too light for them as it's still the higher/highest DHA %??.....Please tell me if I have my theories completly wrong.......thanks in advance :hug:

beautybyk-congrats on your bookings and try not to worry it will be fine! I was very nervous but I think it's a good sign if you are a bit nervous :) I was the same half excited but half dreading my first paid clients but soon as its out the way your good to go lol you'll be fine, let us know how you get on :)

Thank you for the kind words. I know I think I would be worried if I wasn't nervous I'll be sure to let you know how it goes :D

Some clients will never go dark enough, they have a colour in their mind of what they want to be but that is often an unachievable colour.

Anyone who has tan solution on their skin, will have the DHA react with the amino acids, and their skin will go darker, this will be more noticeable on pale skin than on olive or darker skin tones but the reaction will still occur, even on black skin there will be a reaction and the appearance of the skin will change.

Remember to always shake your solution before use too x

Thanks peeps! I will be sure to shake my solution now :)

Just another thought, they all had their tans comando lol so theres no pant line to compare it to. I feel if they had a whiter line to see the difference they may realize that they are probably quite dark....ah well nothing more I can do really, they may decide spray tans are.not for them, I cant go any darker lol

Thanks for the advice as always, much appreciated :)

No worries beautybyk make sure u let us know how u go :)

Thanks peeps! I will be sure to shake my solution now :)

Just another thought, they all had their tans comando lol so theres no pant line to compare it to. I feel if they had a whiter line to see the difference they may realize that they are probably quite dark....ah well nothing more I can do really, they may decide spray tans are.not for them, I cant go any darker lol

Thanks for the advice as always, much appreciated :)

No worries beautybyk make sure u let us know how u go :)

You could always buy tantoos for when people go naked? Some people might like a little design :) (some people might not want any marks though) xxx

Latest posts

Back