my first set of gel sculpt extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Posh Paws

Reaction score
hi guys .... not as professional as all you geeks still in training mode but wanted to share my first ever set of sculpt gels with you....
i know they are not perfect but hey i will get there....... ONE DAY LOL :green:
I do want to know your straight honest opinions but please not to harsh still training so lots of time and practise for improvement.....
thanks guys (feeling a bit worried about everyones thoughts but i wont know until i post) im not affraid honest :eek:

picture is on the way.... having some help to upload by a very kind geek.

picture is on the way.... having some help to upload by a very kind geek.
It's uploaded now :wink2:

It's always a bit nervewracking posting your first pics for critique.
They are a workable length and not too long, the shape is inconsistent but nothing that a bit of work with a 180/240 grit abrasive wouldn't sort out, the same as the sidewalls, some of them are too wide, the index finger being the one that stood out to me more than the rest. Your apexes are again a tad inconstintant too, this will come with practice and a bit more time. The smiles need to be a bit more smiley and consistent, again, the index nail is the one that stood out more than the others.
It takes time to get consistency across a whole set, have patience and practice as much as you can and you will see a change in your work. This is your first set of sculptures, you should feel proud.
Well done for posting and keep the pics coming, you'll see improvement in every set you do :D

edit: where do you feel you could improve?
It's always a good thing if we can see where improvement needs to be made, we can then concentrate on those areas and feel proud when we achieve it.

I am in no position to give a professional opinion at the mo so i haven't put any scores.
I think they show a lot of potential.I think you should be very pleased with your first set.

I think very well done to you :lol:

The middle finger is a tad hippy imho but hey who am I? but great work xx

don't want to repeat everything Sandi has said but must say your zone 3 looks very good...flush and no flooding.....also the finish is quite smooth...doesnt look like to many lumps or bumbs.....to be honest i think the things that are not right with them are just down to inexperience and will come with time.

well done for posting your first pic...x

Firstly well done for being brave and posting :) The nails look a tad thick at the edges and need to be slimmed down at the sides, You have got a nice smooth finish and they dont look bumpy.
Thanks for sharing :hug:

well done you!! your very brave posting while your still trainning, but this is where you`ll pick up very helpful tips.I agree with sandi and angie so i`m not got to repeat everything.
:hug: you can only improve!!!:hug:

I think for your Ist attempt they look pretty good. As lellipop said they look a little thick but over all excellent work..I think gel is harder to get the hang of than acrylic....keep up the good work,& remember the more you practice the easier it becomes.....

Hi
Pretty much everything I think has been covered. You have done well for your first set. Keep up the good work you will be a wiz at the soon.
xxxx:green:

I want to say thankyou to everyone for the comments i have taken them on board and intend now to get working on improving.......
thankyou:hug:

I agree with the critique given,most of which could be corrected with a few swipes of your abrasive,i would love to see an "after" pic x

i think this is good for you first set

but i am sure with practice you will see improvements

well done you

I agree with the critique given,most of which could be corrected with a few swipes of your abrasive,i would love to see an "after" pic x

Do you mean after corrections ?
this might be impossible for this set as the person who is wearing them has gone on holiday for two weeks hence the reason i done them (no one to see them) lol:green:
I am doing a set of overlays today though with 1 sculpt repair to broken nail if thats any good.

Just to add.... i do not work on the public LOL (phew i hear you all say lol) i have 8 models and they are all family.......

Do you mean after corrections ?
this might be impossible for this set as the person who is wearing them has gone on holiday for two weeks hence the reason i done them (no one to see them) lol:green:
I am doing a set of overlays today though with 1 sculpt repair to broken nail if thats any good.

Just to add.... i do not work on the public LOL (phew i hear you all say lol) i have 8 models and they are all family.......

Yeah that's what i meant,never mind,maybe next time x

I agree with everything that has been said.

Keep pratising and in no time you'll look back at these and think did i actually do those? I know i do alot of the time.

Helpful hint:

Try and keep a little photo diary of all your pratice models, you can see yourself improving with time and pratice and its good to look back on. I still do it now, usually every 3 months with my clients. You'll be surpised how much you keep improving

Latest posts

Back