My first set of nails ever

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lady_of_Pain

Reaction score
Please check my gallery for my very first set of nails EVER!!!! I have just started school and I am pretty proud of these. They are plastic tips with gel overlays.

Just seen your pics like your work.If you dont mind me asking how long did it take you to do full set as Ive just added Brisa Gel to my salon and it seems to be taking me a long time to do a full set compared to l&p.

Kathy

They do look good, but you need to take closerpics so we can see the nails a little better. For a first set you have done well. I don't do Gel yet, mainly L&P and Fibreglass, so they are certainly better than what i could do gel wise.

Lady_of_Pain said:
Please check my gallery for my very first set of nails EVER!!!! I have just started school and I am pretty proud of these. They are plastic tips with gel overlays.
Not bad - not bad at all!! Well done :D and BTW - WHY Lady of Pain?? Dare we ask - are you going to make all your clients bleed?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: sorry thought that was quite funny - but seriously - am a nosey bird and just wondered - if it's too rude you can PM me:eek:

Lovely work, I wish my first set looked that good ;)

I like your photos - I think I'd be guaranteed a pay rise if I went on a work's night out in an outfit like the one you're wearing in your gallery photo :lol:

Kathy - I use Bio Gel but don't use tips, I sculpt. It takes me 1½hrs to do a full set.

My first set ever took me 4 hours. Way too long....

But - I did my second set last night, and I did a way better job, and it only took me 2 hours!!!!!!!! So I was so proud of myself, I am so happy today!!! I do my last set of tips tonight and I am hoping to cut my time down a bit more, but I am happy where I am right now, I think I am doing a pretty good job. I will take some more pictures tonight - some close ups as well.

We don't use L&P here in Canada really. There are very few salons that use it. It is all mainly gel here. I think it may have something to do with our climate, but I could be wrong. It gets extremely hot here in the summer, and extremely cold in the winter at times.

My school used to use LCN, but now they are using a gel system called Nail Basics. It seems to work really well, it is easy to use and I really like it, although I really want to try the Brisa system. I am going to get myself a kit once I am finished school and find myself a job at a salon.

And this site is wonderful by the way. When I was thinking about taking a nail tech course, I did a LOT of research, and this site was a lot of help. It really pays to do a bit of your own research and get many different opinions before you start something. It has been a lot of help to me.

And as for the lady of pain, it is sort of a long story. The Lady of Pain is a Dungeons and Dragons character in the Planescape Campaign setting. She is the ruler of Sigil, which is a crazy city - the crossroads of the planes. heh heh, I am REALLY geeky!!! I could go on for a while about her, but I'm sure it would bore the heck out of everyone!!!

Latest posts

Back