My first set of white tip gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linni

Reaction score
Hi all, i have tried to upload my photos to this thread but with no luck...so would you's all please go to my profile to see my photos. i would really like it if i could get some feedback and see what i need to impove on, im nervous!!!! :rolleyes:
thanks everyone
lynn xx

Hi... i posted a link to your pic above just for ease

Well done for posting....

They are neat and tidy and a nice shape....but white tips can make nails look stumpy when used on most nails...the only nails that can carry these of well are those with a naturally long nail bed.

To improve these I would reduce the length (white) this will give a more natural look.

The best way to do french is to use a pink and a white powder (or gel) and the most natural french would have more pink than white.
HTH

I think Bagpuss has given a good appraisal. The gel work looks good, and they are certainly uniform. It is difficult to see the apex from the angel of the picture so I can't comment on that.

I personally feel there is a little too much white. A good rule of thumb is to only have your 'white's' at half the length of the nail bed....so in effect not taking up more than a third of the nail. So reducing them in length would leave them feeling more balanced and elegant. Narrowing them ever so slightly more would also help reduce the slight stumpy look thats been mentioned already.

Whilst white tips are an easy way to acheive a smart smile line, as Bagpuss says, I truly believe that techs who can create a the whites and smile line from gel or or white powder offer a service much more tailored to suit the shape of the clients nail, and it makes re-balances so much easier, so this would definitely be worth doing!

Great advice above, I think they look nice and just tweaking the white as already mentioned would make a massive improvement. x

hi all, thanks so much for the feed back, i really am gratefull and will defo- take all the great advice on board... hopefully the next time i do them there will be an improvement. thanks for posting the pic.xx
thanks everyone xx:green:

Latest posts

Back