My first Shellac application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rilede

Reaction score
My fist Shellac application on my wife
Natural nail.

Hope you can see it

Color is Tropix,

Took between 45 min. to an Hour

Thanks in advance for all of your comments,

Rick

P.S. seems I can't upload a pic. But I was able to put it in my profile Salon Geek

Last edited:
gosh that took a long time to put it on. Its four coats on each nail and two mins in the lamp each time. Why did it take over 40 mins?

just curious, cos i take about 20-25 mins, maybe im missing something

just thought I'd let you know that The photo is tiny when I clicked on it !

First time application to my wife. Had to be extra carefullllll.:)

I had to.

Sorry for the pic will try and modify it if I can, Let me know if the picture is bigger. I modified and it seems to be when I look at it.

Thanks

Last edited:
gosh that took a long time to put it on. Its four coats on each nail and two mins in the lamp each time. Why did it take over 40 mins?

Mine takes longer, too but I'm also doing a hand massage with my Shellac mani. :)

On your First go with Shellac....?

I guess it depends on how much prep is required...cuticle work etc and how much experience the nail tech has had and how they work....we are only talking a difference of 15 mins here :lol:

Last edited:
The picture is fine now. Don't worry too much about timings at first - you'll pick up as you go along. There was a thread yesterday about timings and several people said that even though CND said it was 30 minutes for a Shellac application, they were still running at between 45 mins and 1 hour when you included cuticle work. Much better to do a good job than to worry about your times.

IS that 15 mins just for application? I take about 35 including pep.

IS that 15 mins just for application? I take about 35 including pep.

no hun...the 15 mins i mentioned was the difference between the thread starter and some other posters doing shellac. :)

Oh thank god for that!! I thought I was being slow when doing an Shellac Application for 30 to 45 mins depending on the client!

But I thought I dont care, i would rather my clients have a lovely looking well finished Shellac nails, than that annoying bit of cuticle sticking out the nail bed!! I do admit I spend more time on preparation though and getting rid of the unslightly buggers with the hoof stick, on the nail bed before applying a fresh set.

xxx

Thanks for all of the comments

Rick:green:

Latest posts

Back