My friend is making me poor!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
I know it's my fault because I can't say no.
But I swear I'm poor because of my friend!

I do her hair and she says she'll pay me in cocktails when we're on holiday.
We went to see a band and her boyfriend was gonna pay for the ticket. Then they broke up so I've not been paid back for it.
I don't think she's intentionally taking the mick. I just need to know how to say no to her

Harden up. Best advice I can give you.

I agree with the above poster - you just need to be honest and firm and say that you simply can't afford to carry on with the current arrangement anymore.

It's amassing on how the person you feel is your Best friend- stops coming around or asking you out when the freebies stop.

I had to point out to my mother that a so called friend who was always asking if my mother wanted to visit here and there, was only using her for a taxi

I know it's my fault because I can't say no.
But I swear I'm poor because of my friend!

I do her hair and she says she'll pay me in cocktails when we're on holiday.
We went to see a band and her boyfriend was gonna pay for the ticket. Then they broke up so I've not been paid back for it.
I don't think she's intentionally taking the mick. I just need to know how to say no to her

You don't want empty promises.....You want hard cash.
She's not your friend, and your no longer her hairdresser :)

YOU are making yourself poor ...I wish I was rich enough to be able to work for cocktails.

You are right about one thing Tori - it IS your fault.

But you can put it right easily ... you know what you have to do :)

xx

You need to stand your ground and be firm. The first time it's hard. But it gets easier and easier every time. Good luck!

I used to have a huge problem with saying no I actually ended up going to see someone about it once it was really good advice, she brought up how bad I feel when I say no to someone and then she asked how upset I get when someone says no to me. This made a good point, I felt way worse saying no then being told no. Once I could accept that people are not nearly as heartbroken to me saying no as I was, it became a lot easier to say it! Some people just want to see how far they can push their limit with you, if they are a true friend they will accept and understand being cut off and hopefully start paying it off as well.

Latest posts

Back