My Minxing skills on the hubby! lol

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Karen

Wonder if you can help me, i hope sooooo!!! I did my minx training last week and trialed it on my sister in law, as i, new to industry i thought i would try out all my new skills (lol). anyway gave her a luxury ped & minx what a mistake feet where really oily found it diffucult :rolleyes: although she has only lost liitle toe. I really struggled, think they need to show this on trining course as well as hands as the little toe is a mare!

Q2 - I am training with Essesntial nails gel and love it, doing really well but prices of products very expensive could anyone advise on similar or even better gels? would be grateful for any tips.

soz for all questions, yoy know what us newbies are like (lol)

pauline

Hi Karen
Nails look fab and fantastic work by Mr Mackman for his patience in letting you practice and photograph his feet! They are good feet though - you must look after him !:)

Hi Karen

Wonder if you can help me, i hope sooooo!!! I did my minx training last week and trialed it on my sister in law, as i, new to industry i thought i would try out all my new skills (lol). anyway gave her a luxury ped & minx what a mistake feet where really oily found it diffucult :rolleyes: although she has only lost liitle toe. I really struggled, think they need to show this on trining course as well as hands as the little toe is a mare!

Q2 - I am training with Essesntial nails gel and love it, doing really well but prices of products very expensive could anyone advise on similar or even better gels? would be grateful for any tips.

soz for all questions, yoy know what us newbies are like (lol)

pauline
Hi Pauline. I think you only do Minx toes with a dry pedicure or the toes will be too moist. I think you do the pedicure back wards. So you would sanitise feet with spray, cuticle work (do not use any moisturising cuticle creams for this) apply your Minx then do the foot bath pedicure. I don't offer my Minx Toes with a full pedicure. They get a toenail pedicure and thats it. If your doing a full pedi foot bath thing then you would charge extra for this. Minx + Spa Pedicure = ££

Sorry i can't help with the Gel question has i don't do gels yet. There is a Essential Nails group on here which you can join and find out info on what they are finding best to use. I don't think there are many EN geeks which stay using the EN products.

Update; He wore them for only 13 days and then asked me to take them off before he went swimming! :-(

The Shellaced Minx lasted longer. The one without did start to see some wear on the free edge of his big toe.

I have the updated pics in my album. xx

He let you do this to him whilst being in the army? ha ha brilliant!! How did he explain it to the lads?

What a game hubby, my lot are all in the army, or ex army and there is no way they would let me do that to them. Pedicure? Yes, Manicure too but minx, never in a million years.
Yes, these are good, the point about checking down the barral has been made and I love the idea of the Shelac over the top, was that base and top coat?
I think this would be a great way of extending the life of minx on fingers.
Start charging hun
and yes, do wax his toes:twisted:

What a game hubby, my lot are all in the army, or ex army and there is no way they would let me do that to them. Pedicure? Yes, Manicure too but minx, never in a million years.
Yes, these are good, the point about checking down the barral has been made and I love the idea of the Shelac over the top, was that base and top coat?
I think this would be a great way of extending the life of minx on fingers.
Start charging hun
and yes, do wax his toes:twisted:
Yes it was top & base coat Susie :hug:

Edited to add; I didn't have to soak off the Shellac too. It peeled right off easily with the Minx xxx

Latest posts

Back