My Mum Died Tonight

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So sorry to hear of your loss :hug::hug:

Im so sorry 2 hear your sad news but Just wanted 2 send you lots of:hug::hug:and 2 let you know that we are all thinking of you and your family.:hug::hug:

Hi,

My mum had a subbhrachnoid heamorrage in 2001. She was 60 yrs old and was in a coma for 3 months. That was her second brain heamorr by the way. She had also had one in the 70's, just after I was born.

To cut a long story short, the Doctors advised us to give consent to turn the life support off as they said there was no brain activity. We could not do that, my brother and I as we had never discussed it as a family, we wanted things to happen naturally.

Mum woke up 3 months later from her coma, she had to have rehab to learn how to walk and feed herself and so on. She walked out off hospital 6 months after she was 1st admitted. She is fine 66 yrs old now, however her short term memory is still affected. We don't mind, its a small price to pay for atleast having her back.

I was diagnosed with renal cancer at 34 in 2005, I had to have my right kidney removed, thankfull it had not spread, despit being 7 cms, it was still confined to to kidney. I'm 18 months clear now and just looking forward to living my life.

The reason why I mentioned this, is that the Lord does not give any burdens we cannot handle. You and your Dad will be fine, and i'm sure eventually you will be blessed with babies. Remain positive as you are now, and all will be fine.

Take care.

My Mum died tonight of a brain bleed, brain stem death I believe it is called.

She was fine this morning, we were laughing and joking as I straightened her hair. She had to do a stress management presentation in a town 1 hour away this afternoon and my Dad took her.

Apparently, she was giving the presentation, suddenly went silent and then collapsed. She was rushed to the nearest hospital. I believe she was in a coma at this point.

My OH, Dad and I have been with her all evening, but there was nothing they could do. She "offically" died at 11.21, but she had to have a series of tests and then had the ventilator removed, my dad and I stayed and held her until her heart stopped.

I dont really know why I am posting, I guess it hasnt sunk in and I feel the more people I tell, the more real it will become.

She was in no pain, and the bleeding was not caused by anything other than a blood vessel. So no-one is to blame. That is some comfort.

My Dad and I got home about 2am, and have just sat up drinking brandy and talking about how fabulous my Mum was.

I am 26 yrs old and have already lost my babies, and now my Mother. Life can be so cruel but I am determined to stay strong, and be there for my Dad, who has lost his lover and best friend and wife. It was their 29th wedding anniversary last weekend.

Stay close to your loved ones, always tell them you love them, then you will have no regrets. My Mummy knew that I loved her very much, I told her all the time.

God Bless.

Just a quick update... It was the funeral yesterday, nearly 100 people turned up, ranging from close friends and family to work colleagues of my Mum's and old neighbours we havent seen for about 15 years! It was a fantastic tribute to my Mum, just goes to show that other people thought she was wonderful, not just me and my Dad!
All our family have gone back to Ireland now, so we had a normal night, had dinner watched TV now off to bed.
I am trying to be as normal as possible, going to pop into work tomorrow to arrange coming back, probably next week.
I think all my clients are aware so I'm sure they'll all be sensitive to me, its a scary thought though as doing nails is often as much about the chat the clients get as the nails themselves!
I have been managing to laugh alot though, so hopefully when I start working again I will be able to entertain my clients then maybe go for a cry inbetween each one!
I've had to grow up so much this past week, I can so feel my Mum's calming spirit washing over me...
Take care Geeks
Carla x x x

Hi I just wanted to let you know that there are lots of us out here who know exactly how you feel. You obviously shared a great deal of love and that will always be there.
My thoughts and prayers are with you and your dad. :hug::hug::hug::hug:
Take care of each other
Cath xx

Oh sweetie...I am so sorry, I know what you are going through my mom passed away not even 4 months ago. I know that it is hard right now, but it does get better.

I think of my momma everyday before I go to sleep, I think of how happy she would be to see her grandbaby walking, but at the same time I know that she is in a better place and she is not suffering with anything...bills, health, taxes NOTHING! She is indeed at sweet rest....

Big love and hugs to you! Thinking of you. :hug::hug:

Oh Honey, this is just the saddest thing I have ever read. I am so sorry for your loss. God bless xxxx:hug::hug::hug:xxxxx

im so feeling for you as i read your post hunnie

my heart felt hugs are being sent to you and your family

Im hear if you need to vent some emotions as im watching my mum detereate as we speak

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx lisa xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
My Mum died tonight of a brain bleed, brain stem death I believe it is called.

She was fine this morning, we were laughing and joking as I straightened her hair. She had to do a stress management presentation in a town 1 hour away this afternoon and my Dad took her.

Apparently, she was giving the presentation, suddenly went silent and then collapsed. She was rushed to the nearest hospital. I believe she was in a coma at this point.

My OH, Dad and I have been with her all evening, but there was nothing they could do. She "offically" died at 11.21, but she had to have a series of tests and then had the ventilator removed, my dad and I stayed and held her until her heart stopped.

I dont really know why I am posting, I guess it hasnt sunk in and I feel the more people I tell, the more real it will become.

She was in no pain, and the bleeding was not caused by anything other than a blood vessel. So no-one is to blame. That is some comfort.

My Dad and I got home about 2am, and have just sat up drinking brandy and talking about how fabulous my Mum was.

I am 26 yrs old and have already lost my babies, and now my Mother. Life can be so cruel but I am determined to stay strong, and be there for my Dad, who has lost his lover and best friend and wife. It was their 29th wedding anniversary last weekend.

Stay close to your loved ones, always tell them you love them, then you will have no regrets. My Mummy knew that I loved her very much, I told her all the time.

God Bless.

Latest posts

Back