My nails are a mess!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gorgeousnails

Reaction score
I start my nail course on friday at the beauty academy and my nails are are mess.

I had acrylics on for about 5 years (ignorancy and stupidity lead me to a salon that ripped my nails to shreds!) and now I've taken them off for the course, I'm horrified!!

The information for the course says we give and receive nail treatments!!

Starting to stress abit, no newbie to nails could possibly do any kind of treatments on these short horrible things!!! lol...

Any ideas of treatments I can use on my nails to heal the skin around them, (red raw) and the nails (thin, no nail bed, and keep breaking)

Sorry for rambling, but any ideas would be great!

Angel.

Nail treatments (manicures) can be done on any nails if there is no infection or broken skin etc! Regular manicures will realy help as the mositurising effects of the treatments will treat the cuticle area and the massage will stimulate them to grow, but keep them short!! (to avoid catching and splitting the weak nails.) The damage should eventualy grow out! Why not get your tutor to have a look at them and see what she suggests!! Good luck!!:hug:

the skin is really badly broken!! omg!
i've been nervous about this for ages and thought my nails would be ok, now i'm really nervous!

i agree with whats been said.your not the only one thats been in this situation.
i would use cuticle oil,try and use it atleast 3 times a day and also keep your nails short as you dont want to keep catching them.i dont think theres really much more you can do as you will just have to wait for it to grow out.
when i was learning we had to practice on each other as well as using a nail trainer.the girl i partnered up with kept catching my skin and made them bleed so even once we had finished the training i couldnt even take them of for ages as putting them in acetone would have stung so much i didnt want to even try it.
thankfully i dont have that problem anymore,lol.
good luck.xx

Yeah i agree.. dont wory to much at all.. If the other girls have nails... and most will becuase most of us LOVE our nails... will be silly enought to just rip them right off... so that they can practise on them self.... then their nails will look just like yours.....
I remeber my nails were infilled every 5 days!!! LOL... I could not wait for that little gap to appear... out would come all the gear... file file file file file file....etc... then flood the nail to product... file file file file... when i was done I had 10 little heart beats in my fingers.... and boy did it hurt when I did the dishes!!!! then they would heal and I would have another go.. I look back now and just laugh... my poor nails

The best tip I ever got was apply half of the product you think you will need and don't have it to wet.. hard to judge but call your teacher over and let her help you each time... you are paying the money and you should get the education..
let us know how you go at college..
when do you start?

I'm currently using NSI's Protein Boost in the SpaRitual range as my nails are thin and weak from practicing enhancements and having some dodgy acrylics on them! I have also got the Nutri-Thick aswell.

HTHs :hug:

Strengtheners - Nail Systems International(UK)

seeing as u had them done in a salon that ruined them ur instructor might be able to use them as an example of what should never be done...lol..i kno it sounds embarrassing but just think how many people dont kno about these places...just an idea...good luck in training:!:

Latest posts

Back