My oh my, dog re-homing sites

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What a lovely, healthy- looking dog. A credit to you CC.

I think there should be tight controls over the sale of pups.

Maybe no insurance, no pup. If someone can't afford to insure they certainly can't afford the vet's bills.
Compulsory training? I appreciate that many experienced owners wouldn't need these classes, though.
Chipping.

The child adoption topic is complex.
I have seen adoptive parents, childless, go into a lovely rosy haze before adopting. I could be wrong, but I think the pressure to place children sometimes means that, although the process is long, the whole picture isn't always presented, and there is a huge wake-up call when it actually happens. Some people embrace the challenges and others just can't cope. I think it must be awful for a child to be rejected, maybe for the second time in their little lives, but it must be a horrendous decision for the adoptive parents, too. What a burden of guilt.

im confused how did we get on to chid adoption. X have i missed somthing x

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

im confused how did we get on to chid adoption. X have i missed somthing x

It was mentioned in post 4, and this was my response.

Opps i thought they were talking about doggy foster perents and doggy adoptions. Lol. X

I agree! I would never buy a pup for the very reason that so many doggies need a home. Saying that, when we adopted our dog, she was only 8 months old so not far off a pup anyway.

Would I get rid of her when the time comes for baby no 2? erm not on your nelly! Even if she didnt like the baby, it is up to us to teach her tuff and to make sure the baby is safe. If she had to become an outside dog for a while so be it - but I would never abandon her. I have no idea how people do it :(

There was a girl on my facebook posting that she was selling one of her pugs because she didnt have enough time for it.... she is a stay at home mum with 2 kids AT SCHOOL!? How does she not have the time for the 30 min walk a day? I mean she has to walk the other dog anyways!?!?! It made me so angry and more so when she was posting a photo of a new dog she wanted to buy!:evil:

I agree! I would never buy a pup for the very reason that so many doggies need a home. Saying that, when we adopted our dog, she was only 8 months old so not far off a pup anyway.

Would I get rid of her when the time comes for baby no 2? erm not on your nelly! Even if she didnt like the baby, it is up to us to teach her tuff and to make sure the baby is safe. If she had to become an outside dog for a while so be it - but I would never abandon her. I have no idea how people do it :(

There was a girl on my facebook posting that she was selling one of her pugs because she didnt have enough time for it.... she is a stay at home mum with 2 kids AT SCHOOL!? How does she not have the time for the 30 min walk a day? I mean she has to walk the other dog anyways!?!?! It made me so angry and more so when she was posting a photo of a new dog she wanted to buy!:evil:

:Scared: If only they could understand the suffering out there of all the unwanted and unloved animals. My facebook is daily swamped by the most HORRENDOUS images of suffering. if only could make a difference. Dogs torn apart by dog fights, dogs starved for 2 months and about to die when rescued, dogs torn from their families because they are deemed to be "dangerous" even though they have always been gentle but the way they look makes the authorities wonder if they might be of Pit Bull descent.(The Lennox Campaign) It never ends and the way humans can treat the innocent makes me sick.

I totally agree with you Colleen. you see it everyday, poor dogs dumped on the side of the road, or brought to shelters.

We have a little 3yr old JRT called Holly, (I even used her name as my screen name, lol) she means everything to myself and the hubby, she gets tucked into her bed every night with her treat and comes everywhere with us. If the door of the car is open, you can be sure she is sitting in the car waiting to go. She loves fetch so much, she would play all day if she could, and any visitors that come will be tormented until they play with her... lol. She has a big collection of tennis balls, and gets so excited when she gets a new one, her other love is squeaky toys. We always say what would we do with out her, she is such a big part of our lives now. :Love: She even has her own wee cup for her tea in the mornings. :biggrin: We treat her like part of our family, because she really is and it makes us so angry when we see people giving up on their babies for such stupid reasons. I dont know how anyone could give their dog away to some stranger with all the dog baiting/fighting goin on now. :Scared: Sorry for the essay... xxx

We rescued our second dog today! The first Dylan is a jackie-bichon he was rescued at 2 years old from a serial "dog user!" she was giving him away on freecycle! He had been given back a couple of times because they couldn't handle the whining!! She had got hold of and given away plenty of dogs on freecycle before and after Dylan!

We took him and he has settled in beautifully!

Today after much thought my hubby went out and rescued another dog this time a whippet! She is wonderful her owner had four dogs and decided that he couldn't handle another one so gave him to us! No checks or anything as before!!

It makes me so mad that they can just be discarded like this!! She is only 6 months old! We didn't even get told her name! We have called her daisy!

Here is Dylan our scruffy puppy and Daisy our elegant lady!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339086077.619245.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339086077.619245.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 62
  • ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339086117.022804.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1339086117.022804.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 67
Thank goodness you took them in. I didn't realise dogs were on freecycle. Disgusting!!!!!
Xx

We got Dylan from free-cycle about 2 years ago, I don't think they allow animals anymore.
My hubby bumped into an old friend who has Daisy's sister and he told him about her about a month ago and we have thought long and hard but we heard today that he was desperate to get her moved on so hubby went to meet her today and came home with her!!

She is in love with hub already! She is currently asleep on his feet! After following him around all afternoon! Lol x

Sounds like such a lovely home hon xx so glad there are people like you out there! I want to take on every dog I see!

Latest posts

Back