My poorly mum....

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

San

Reaction score
Just wanted to say I'd not logged into the site for a while because I was called away as my mum was rushed into hospital. She has left ventricular failure in her heart which caused something called pulmonary odeama, which basically means her lung completely filled with fluid. She has been on the emergency assessment ward for 3 days. They have been giving her intravenous drugs to try and disperse the fluid which thank god, has finally worked and last night was well enough to be transfered to the cardiac ward. We are awaiting the results of the echo cardiogram which will tell us more about the extent of the damage, but we are hopeful that shes got a few good years left in her yet !!! :)

Has anybody else know anyone with similar problems, it would be great to chat to someone about it?

Obviously our family have been extremely worried as she as as close to death as anyone could be when she arrived at hospital. Thankfully, she does not remember anything about it.

On a lighter note, it was my 4 year old sons first day at school today which was wonderful as mum was well enough for me to feel confident enough to travel back home to take him.

I can now start concentrating on nails again and try and make it up to the clients that I had to cancel at short notice!

San x

Oh Honey, sorry to hear about your Mum :hug:

I hope she improves really soon xx

:hug: Hope your mum is better soon x x

Oh hun I'm soooooo sorry, I wish your mum all the best & a speedy recovery. Plus a big hug for you, hang in there, sounds like your being really strong for your mum right now. Try to stay positive!!!:hug::hug::hug::hug:

A speedy recovery and lots of :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: are sent to your Mum.

Hope your mum gets better soon. xxx:hug:

Oh not so good at all. I dont know you at all but wishing your mum a very speedy recovery. I trained as a nurse and worked as one until a couple of months ago so im totally aware of how it must be for your family and your mum at the moment. :hug:

Just sending you and your Mum all my love, hope your Mum gets better real soon, it is hard trying to juggle home and hospital visiting, but you will, and now your Mum is on the Cardiac ward I am sure she will get some really special attention and will soon be back home.

Joan

Thank you all for your support and :hug: . It means a lot to me.

I hope she gets better soon hun!!!

Send her a big geeky hun from us all!!!!!!!!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

San you are welcome to pm me, my father has Dilated Cardio Myopathy, Thyroid Problems, Blood Pressure Problems and Diabetes and I have been in a similar situation you with him. The intravenus (sp) drugs to dispel the water from the lungs really do help dont they. My Dad hates the cardiac machines though as the sticky pads move about as he sweats. :hug: He's on 30 odd ish drugs a day now, was over 40, :)

Latest posts

Back