My price list

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It may be an idea to add some spacing between treatments so it's clear what's what and makes them stand out rather than looking like a paragraph.

Clear Headings would help too.
A table could help so the layout easy to read and understand - so the treatments are listed together and prices are all in line.

I also think maybe there's a little too much on there, can confuse people when price lists contain too much and there's a danger they will get bored of reading. Try and cut it down a bit yet still include the info. I have just redone my lists making them a lot simpler and have had a better response. So for example for hard gel/ acrylic nails just maybe write £30- £34 and leave it at that, then people will ask u for what they want and you can quote the price appropriately then obviously do a space and write your next treatment.

You have a couple of grammar errors but overall it's not bad at all.

If you can try and look at the price list from a clients pov that knows nothing about nails and ask yourself if you would understand what it means. So for example clients with mma nails are not likely to know most of the time that's what they have so if you just write soak off from £..... then you can quote accordingly once you have seen their nails.

It may be an idea to add some spacing between treatments so it's clear what's what and makes them stand out rather than looking like a paragraph.

Clear Headings would help too.
A table could help so the layout easy to read and understand - so the treatments are listed together and prices are all in line.

I also think maybe there's a little too much on there, can confuse people when price lists contain too much and there's a danger they will get bored of reading. Try and cut it down a bit yet still include the info. I have just redone my lists making them a lot simpler and have had a better response. So for example for hard gel/ acrylic nails just maybe write £30- £34 and leave it at that, then people will ask u for what they want and you can quote the price appropriately then obviously do a space and write your next treatment.

You have a couple of grammar errors but overall it's not bad at all.

If you can try and look at the price list from a clients pov that knows nothing about nails and ask yourself if you would understand what it means. So for example clients with mma nails are not likely to know most of the time that's what they have so if you just write soak off from £..... then you can quote accordingly once you have seen their nails.
Maybe you could show me your if you dont mind?it would really help me. About spelling mistakes i do apologise I'm trying my best, im not English you could just point them out would make my life easier.

Hi Zane!

Sorry i don't mean to seem ruthless or ill mannered at all but i think for the presentation of your price list, in my opinion is that it looks rather unprofessional. I think you should maybe have a look at some different price lists from other salons, maybe google images and get an idea of the layout, their information etc however don't copy someone else's work. Had you thought about getting these professionally printed, if so make sure they're perfect and there is no mistakes on them as clients wont favor that and you wont be happy whenever you receive them.

Also make sure you are distinguishing between the hard gel and acrylics as i think it is rather unclear. Finally regarding the price of removals, and living and owning a business in a very up market place i personally i think it would be unfair to charge someone more for having MMA nails as i am sure as a client they would have no idea whats on their nails, and my clients would be cross having to pay an additional £25 on top of a service as would i if i didn't have a clue what was being put on my nails, don't get me wrong i understand your thought process behind this however think of the client too!

Hi guys what do you think of my price list.Need to do this perfect. All your thoughts are welcome x x
Hi Zane!

Sorry i don't mean to seem ruthless or ill mannered at all but i think for the presentation of your price list, in my opinion is that it looks rather unprofessional. I think you should maybe have a look at some different price lists from other salons, maybe google images and get an idea of the layout, their information etc however don't copy someone else's work. Had you thought about getting these professionally printed, if so make sure they're perfect and there is no mistakes on them as clients wont favor that and you wont be happy whenever you receive them.

Also make sure you are distinguishing between the hard gel and acrylics as i think it is rather unclear. Finally regarding the price of removals, and living and owning a business in a very up market place i personally i think it would be unfair to charge someone more for having MMA nails as i am sure as a client they would have no idea whats on their nails, and my clients would be cross having to pay an additional £25 on top of a service as would i if i didn't have a clue what was being put on my nails, don't get me wrong i understand your thought process behind this however think of the client too!
Hello, how do you mean presentation don't look professional, is that the prices are not levelled? I'm not going to print it this way any way I wasn't gonna, I know I have mistakes I just wish that some one could point them out as its quite difficult for me to see I'm not English. I asked few people about removals in my price list of course some of them asked about MMA I said Chinese/Asian salons using them and it's very hard to remove and it is dangerous to your natural nails. My good friend told me about £0.08 instead I should put just 8p. I understand and I'm great full for any help. I just don't get it what is professional in your opinion. I think most important is how professional your work is. X

Hello, how do you mean presentation don't look professional, is that the prices are not levelled? I'm not going to print it this way any way I wasn't gonna, I know I have mistakes I just wish that some one could point them out as its quite difficult for me to see I'm not English. I asked few people about removals in my price list of course some of them asked about MMA I said Chinese/Asian salons using them and it's very hard to remove and it is dangerous to your natural nails. My good friend told me about £0.08 instead I should put just 8p. I understand and I'm great full for any help. I just don't get it what is professional in your opinion. I think most important is how professional your work is. X

Hi Zane! I totally agree with how professional your work is but i also believe as start as you mean to go on, so i would really put time into having a great price list; maybe some different sub headings for each category. Personally my opinion i don't think it looks good to put photos of your work on price lists, save that for facebook, snapchats, maybe some flyers i just don't think it looks great but everyones different. Don't get me wrong i do think your logo and some small details look really good but photos for me are a no no!

As for the MMA thing i don't think you've taken all factors into account, in your reply to me and im not saying you are, it sounds like your generalising and making an assumption that all Chinese/Asian salons use MMA when in fact this is not the case, i know Chinese ladies that run good nail bars or who don't own but work in nail bars and are saddened that they get a name due to other ethnicity salons, we can't label everyone by the same book, however i am aware of what a big issue it is! I really do understand your thinking and reasoning behind it, that its bad and damaging for your nails and its a lot harder for us to remove it. However if you were the client with no knowledge of nails, would you not be a bit miffed to be told that your nails are MMA based, that you had no clue what that is and now you have to pay an additional £25 on top of the new set you are going to get, what if they couldn't afford that whenever they were sitting in front of you, they may be slightly embarrassed and not remain a future client.

As for the spelling don't worry about that, everyone is hear to help so just ask and make sure you have proof read it before you print :D

On "subsequent treatments" you have spelled treatments wrong. I think this is the typo people were talking about.

It is a little too hard to read. It needs to be clearer I think.

I would make Nail Extensions and Natural Nails more obvious titles by being either in capitals, in bold or underlined.

To make it clearer, you could write your acrylic prices etc and then afterwards put " Add £5 for baby boomers, rockstar, etc. Add £10 for gel polish".

I also agree that the MMA removal is too high and clients won't understand. I would have Removals as a title. Then underneath "Applied by Zane - price. Applied elsewhere - price".

Hope this helps x

P.s. You should say NSS (non standard salons) rather than Chinese/Asian because lots of Asians do perfectly lovely nails and may find this offensive.

My apologies about calling Chinese/Asian salons and i know not everywhere working with MMA. To be honest it wasn't my idea to add this at my price list. I can easy remove it. Some nails salons charge that price. At the salon where i work they have they own price list and i have my own. And to add my nail pictures to leaflet was my customer idea. Now I'm very very confused. I will definitely correct my mistake and try to highlight extensions from natural nails. Thank you x x

My apologies about calling Chinese/Asian salons and i know not everywhere working with MMA. To be honest it wasn't my idea to add this at my price list. I can easy remove it. Some nails salons charge that price. At the salon where i work they have they own price list and i have my own. And to add my nail pictures to leaflet was my customer idea. Now I'm very very confused. I will definitely correct my mistake and try to highlight extensions from natural nails. Thank you x x

Let us know how you get on and what your final print off was :D

Zane your work is fab so don't get to stressed. This is mega post for a price list!!
Everyone will have a different idea of what's perfect.
I agree with your pricing for removals as do lots of other posts I've seen who charge by the hour.

You could always go to some of your local beauty salons and get some of their price lists. This is what I have done to keep for future reference when I make mine up. Then it's good market research too for your local prices.
I found a beautiful website the other day that make price lists and business cards. (And other random personalised bits)
www.zazzle.co.uk
A little bit more expensive but they have lots of designs and all look very professional and will give a great first impression to your clients.

Zane your work is fab so don't get to stressed. This is mega post for a price list!!
Everyone will have a different idea of what's perfect.
I agree with your pricing for removals as do lots of other posts I've seen who charge by the hour.
Thank you so much, you made me feel little bit better. I known everyone have different opinion and clients think way more differently then us. X x x

You could always go to some of your local beauty salons and get some of their price lists. This is what I have done to keep for future reference when I make mine up. Then it's good market research too for your local prices.
I found a beautiful website the other day that make price lists and business cards. (And other random personalised bits)
www.zazzle.co.uk
A little bit more expensive but they have lots of designs and all look very professional and will give a great first impression to your clients.
Thank you this is what i needed. I tried to search for local shop prices i think they are very high not sure if clients can afford £30 for full set and + £10 if they want to add gel polish for example. It is very difficult to make a price list. I don't want to be very expensive and not to cheap eather. Well yes thank you and I'm going to check it out x x x

Definitely don't get too stressed. Everyone has their own opinion as said before. I actually like some pictures because they make me take notice of your leaflet. Each to their own x

Ok this is how far I am now. What else needs to be improved x x

Attachments

• preview-4.png
    preview-4.png
    1,000.7 KB · Views: 107
Hi Zane I think some spacing between paragraphs would be a lot better and easier for clients to read. Are you having them printed? here's mine that I designed myself X
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1468529645.850541.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1468529696.344457.jpg

Hi Zane I think some spacing between paragraphs would be a lot better and easier for clients to read. Are you having them printed? here's mine that I designed myself X View attachment 199173 View attachment 199174
Wow very nice, but this is like you online page right ? I just want to make little and simple leaflet to give out people. That they stop asking how much is this and that constantly. And to advertise my self little bit i want to attract more clients that they are interested to go and check my work on FB or IG . I have headache already page like your i will try to make later x x thank you very much x x x

Hi Zane I think some spacing between paragraphs would be a lot better and easier for clients to read. Are you having them printed? here's mine that I designed myself X View attachment 199173 View attachment 199174
Great example, your price list looks very good. Can I ask what computor programme you made it on, or did you use a site what they print them for you and you have to proof it all?

Zane I think this is an excellent price list example. You have put effort into making yours yourself, but it does look like you need to put some space in between, just to break it up abit.
Keep up your hard work, don't rush it. This is going to be a professional marketing piece that clients take home to remember you.

No I have these printed on a6 size cards :) and those are pdf versions I have attached to this thread that are also displayed on my website. I know a smaller size is always handy but just ensure its simple, spaced out and easy for people to read X

Great example, your price list looks very good. Can I ask what computor programme you made it on, or did you use a site what they print them for you and you have to proof it all?

Zane I think this is an excellent price list example. You have put effort into making yours yourself, but it does look like you need to put some space in between, just to break it up abit.
Keep up your hard work, don't rush it. This is going to be a professional marketing piece that clients take home to remember you.

Thank you :) I just designed a blank template on Instant print, I've done everything myself from the logo to the website, I'm fussy [emoji1][emoji85] X

Thank you, could you tell me please where exactly should I make space. I know maybe it is silly to ask but my head doesn't work anymore. X x

Latest posts

Back