My review on GHD brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AllanJudge

Reaction score
I bought some a couple of weeks ago, tbh I bought them all, along with the detangling comb and backcombing brush. Thank you Very.com lol. BNPNY.

I used Head Jog brushes for years because I thought they were used by professionals. Then I started watching loads of Youtube vids and come across the GHD brushes.

They're like night and day... The grip and tension on the hair is perfect, the long handle makes it easier for you to really get into the hair, the way the handle is made makes it very hard for hair to get caught like on a lot of other brushes.

I'm sure LOADS of threads have been made on the subject, but it doesn't hurt to have another one so that people wondering what tools to buy are left with a few options.

They look so stylish aswell, they're QUITE heavy which makes them feel sturdy. God I just love them.

Interesting. I purchased the creative curl wand yesterday (£20 off at the moment). I looked at the brushes and thought no due to the handle being smooth no rubber/textured grip. How do you find that?

I'm currently using denman ceramic bore bristle ones which are good for round blow outs. For straight blow outs I use Mira styling brushes which are one of my fav bits of kit. Might have to get a GHD one and try it if they are that good.

Have you got a GHD dryer? Read very mixed reviews on here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting. I purchased the creative curl wand yesterday (£20 off at the moment). I looked at the brushes and thought no due to the handle being smooth no rubber/textured grip. How do you find that?

I'm currently using denman ceramic bore bristle ones which are good for round blow outs. For straight blow outs I use Mira styling brushes which are one of my fav bits of kit. Might have to get a GHD one and try it if they are that good.

Have you got a GHD dryer? Read very mixed reviews on here.

I've got a ghd dryer I absolutely love mine I find a do all my blow drys quicker with it x

I've got a ghd dryer I absolutely love mine I find a do all my blow drys quicker with it x

Which one you got Joe? The Air or Aura?

Chris the grip is fine, I love them. The bristles are quite long which grips the hair perfectly and creates the right amount of tension so you can really smooth down the cuticle.
Just try one to see.

How are you finding the creative curl wand? I bought the Bombay hair 5 in 1 wand which is good.
I use a Parlux hairdryer which I love. What do you think of the GHD dryer?

I'm dithering over ghd brushes buy think I might buy 1 to try now as from what I've seen they look great. And anyone who uses them so far has raved about them.

Boar brushes- what's Craic? Used one yonks and yonks ago, found it great for curly blows, worth investing in a couple?

I love boar brushes sometimes. They do what they say on the tin. They smooth the hair out a lot but sometimes the tension you get them I find quite annoying.
Defo buy a ghd brush and see what you think. If you sign up to Very.com they've got them all on there so you can buy now pay over 3 months lol.

Chris the grip is fine, I love them. The bristles are quite long which grips the hair perfectly and creates the right amount of tension so you can really smooth down the cuticle.
Just try one to see.

How are you finding the creative curl wand? I bought the Bombay hair 5 in 1 wand which is good.
I use a Parlux hairdryer which I love. What do you think of the GHD dryer?

Will let you know re creative wand as it arrives on Tues.

I use a Parlux too, great dryers but my only complaint is the switches. Don't know if it's just me but I get sore palms from the switches digging in (must be way I hold it). I'm keen to try a GHD as the switches are at the back of the handle. I hear the dryers just don't last as long. I was looking at the aura but heard the air is better?

I'm dithering over ghd brushes buy think I might buy 1 to try now as from what I've seen they look great. And anyone who uses them so far has raved about them.

Boar brushes- what's Craic? Used one yonks and yonks ago, found it great for curly blows, worth investing in a couple?

Boar brushes - natural boar bristles IE not nylon. I like the tension and love how smooth they make the hair.

I love the Parlux switches, I dont know whether its cause im just used to them though.
Are ghd dryers classed as professional the way Parlux are? Or are they for consumers too?

I hate parlux now. I use the babyliss volare (ferrari one) it's brill.

Why do you hate it? Its all ive ever used so maybe I just think its so good cause I dont use anything else.
I babyliss a professional dryer or a consumers one? Does it even matter?

I just found they slowed down quickly. The volare is from argos...

Hahaha no its a pro.

I love the Parlux switches, I dont know whether its cause im just used to them though.
Are ghd dryers classed as professional the way Parlux are? Or are they for consumers too?

I know a lot of session stylists that use the GHD Air and my hairdresser who works in HOB London uses one. But no idea what they are like day in day out long term.

Having used Parlux for many years day in and out I can't complain about the longevity. Motors are brilliant but man those switches dig in. Have to say I do grip that mother f**** hard. When I was in salon working I used to have calluses on my palm from them.

Which one you got Joe? The Air or Aura?

I've got the air I love the diffuser with it, I also love the ghd brushes they give such a lovely Blowdry and they look so professional!

Chris you're makin me want to get a GHD dryer now lol. Maybe you did squeeze the switches too hard though because theyve never cause me any problems, theyre placed dead conveniently for me.
Keep us updated on the ghd dryer if you end up getting one id be interested to know how it compares to the parlux.

Joe how much was your dryer and where did you get it?

I've got 2 of them that I haven't used apart from on my own hair. I don't think they're as good as the ghd brushes. But that's just my preference in the way Parlux is uncomfortable for you but I love it.

You should get a ghd brush to compare.

I've got 2 of them that I haven't used apart from on my own hair. I don't think they're as good as the ghd brushes. But that's just my preference in the way Parlux is uncomfortable for you but I love it.

You should get a ghd brush to compare.

Might wait until Salon International and have a look see what they have got there.... Will let you know how the wand is though next week.

Tried out the GHD round brushes today, they are very heavy and I felt like I didn't have as much control (probably because it's something new) but the tension from the bristles made the hair incredibly smooth. I love the platinum stylers, on a comparative test with half of the hair straightened with the normal GHDs the hair styled with the platinum was noticeably shiner and softer, and this was on thick curly hair. I am loving all the GHD wands and tongs, just fantastic.

Latest posts

Back