my very first set of gels

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 17597

Reaction score
Ok, these are my very first attempt at gel nails. Im still in training, though i hope to pass very soon.

Please could you let me know what you think. As i like them , but what do i know ? Im a professional in waiting:).

Thanks, Caroline xxx

Attachments

• P1000132.JPG
    P1000132.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 313
  • P1000130.JPG
    P1000130.JPG
    40.9 KB · Views: 277
I'd like to see a pic which is closer up and not so cropped... it's impossible to give critique without being able to see the nails properly :wink2:

Sorry, but new to this.

Unfortunately posted critique, before reading how to shrink pictures. So now i have permanetly shrunk pictures :irked:. Hopefully they are still on camera so 2morrow will upload them onto computor again and try to get them on propally, i hope. Not very good with technical stuff, :o.

hopefully they will be better 2morrow. xxx

Hi
I am relatively new to gel. Everytime I try to do a gel overlay or gel nails my white seems to bleed. Any suggestions welcome as I am getting extremely frustrated!

I am new too. I haven't had that problem yet. If you are doing the french finish with gel, why not use white tips then do overlay in clear, all over. i have done both ways and i must admit i do prefer the white tip finish, and so does my nail trainer. :wink2:

Hi
I am relatively new to gel. Everytime I try to do a gel overlay or gel nails my white seems to bleed. Any suggestions welcome as I am getting extremely frustrated!

you're best start a new thread for this, more people will see it that way.

I am new too. I haven't had that problem yet. If you are doing the french finish with gel, why not use white tips then do overlay in clear, all over. i have done both ways and i must admit i do prefer the white tip finish, and so does my nail trainer. :wink2:

You can't use white tips with all gels, as it can interfere with the curing process and you can't redo your smile line when it comes time to rebalance.

Thanks for advice, Guess i need more knowledge before i start giving out advice! lol. xx

Thanks for advice, Guess i need more knowledge before i start giving out advice! lol. xx
:hug: Somtimes that's how we learn. Have you got the other pics for us to have a peek at?

Its really hard to see
The glitter on the smile line hides your zone 1?
Some nails look square .some look round-is it the picture?
Anyway if this is your first full set of gel-good for you they are grand.
I dont know what brand of gel you are using,but it could be the picture .they gel looks very dark and dull to me.

I havn't critiqued because i am still not 100% myself.. but what i will say is that you look like you had fun doing them.. you are proud of them yet willing to take critism to be better.. and you not afraid to give them an extra oomph.. great tech in the making mate.. well done!

Waiting for the bigger pic. As far as perfecting your smile line with gel....
I always take a gel brush and tidy mine up before I cure the white.Maybe your already doing that and I totally misunderstood, but that is just an idea if you haven't tried it. I do agree about the white tips.Some gels will not cure properly with the white tips and when it's time to do a fill you would still have to get your white applied properly on the regrowth area at the free edge.So you would prob just be better off learning to get your white the way you want it to start with,instead of the white tips.Good luck,the more I work with gel the better I like it!

First of all, Thankyou for all your comments.

Sadly i can not upload bigger pictures. Don't know what has happened, have been trying and i have had to stop because i was on the verge of throwing camera, computor and myself out of the window.:irked:

I swear on the holy nail geek bible that next time i ask for critique i will upload pictures properly, if i can do it by then Aaaargghhhhh!!!!

On closer inspection, yes i see have rounded some and left some square! oopps!

THanks again for all your comments, very much apreciated. This is what makes this site so great. xxx

Hey just wanted to say well done on your first set!! They look really good!! Just a tip though, as can't really see much else from the pics as to small but just check that your free edges are all the same shape & that the white depth is the same on all nails as it will make the world of difference to a set of enhancements!! Good luck with your training & in the future though, keep up the fab work!! :)

Latest posts

Back