My very first set of nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ClancyCutiecles

Reaction score
Okay so tonight at my course I completed my first set of nails and feeling a mixture of emotions to be honest!

I feel I realy struggled with getting the L & P ratio right, the beads were too small then too big, then too dry...argh! Man, I had to work hard at my buffing and filing.

I know it takes alot of practice, but cant help feeling a bit disappointed in my first set :-( Even though my mum said she was really pleased...lol. But she would right?? Ha.

Oh and I miss my enhancements so much :-( took them off for my course and nails feel very thin.

But I want them back and want to be marvelous at doing them!

Sorry for the rant, but wanted to let some of i off my chest to some other people who will hopefully know how I am feeing.

Thanks for listening! x

We have all been there. I remember thinking "Will I ever get the hang of this" and guess what, I did. Keep your chin up and practice practice practice. Well be great before you know it.

Practice, practice, scream, rant and probably cry in frustration before practicing some more :hug: Determination and passion are what will see you perfect your skill hunny, we have all had those moments where we feel like snapping our brush and screaming at ourselves for not being able to do it first time xxxx

Nothing great ever came easily.

I used to practice sometimes for 5hrs a night. Over & over & over on tips.
Then go to bed & dream about nails.

The best thing I ever did was to buy a nail trainer hand. OMG it is great. I can practice now whenever I want, for however long I want. If one doesn't come with your course I'd go and get one! Nothing beats the real thing though but practice makes perfect.

Keep at it and you will get there.
It doesn't come easy but if you work at it, it will come. One day, just one thing will suddenly click and you'll just get it. Then on and on til your awesome at it.
I'm not there yet either. Where I want to be but I see improvement and you will too but you have to put in the work to see the rewards.

hello,

i'm about to do my exam and i know exactly how you feel. i picked up acrylic easily, though i'm nowhere near a professional level. i just can't seem to get the hang of gel. they always look awful and never tidy, i'm convinced that if i keep practicing i will master them.

you will be the same - stick it out you will be fab

Okay so tonight at my course I completed my first set of nails and feeling a mixture of emotions to be honest!

I feel I realy struggled with getting the L & P ratio right, the beads were too small then too big, then too dry...argh! Man, I had to work hard at my buffing and filing.

I know it takes alot of practice, but cant help feeling a bit disappointed in my first set :-( Even though my mum said she was really pleased...lol. But she would right?? Ha.

Oh and I miss my enhancements so much :-( took them off for my course and nails feel very thin.

But I want them back and want to be marvelous at doing them!

Sorry for the rant, but wanted to let some of i off my chest to some other people who will hopefully know how I am feeing.

Thanks for listening! x

It is so hard to explain how to get the right ratio so if you're a visual learner, like me, I've attached an awesome video from Fingernailfixer that will help you loads!

CND L&P Mix Ratio - YouTube

Aww...thank you so much girls.

That makes me feel so much better and raring to go with the practice! And thank you for the you tube link, just watched it and does make more sense to me now. Just need to get trying it!

Thanks again :) xx

Latest posts

Back