MY wedding make up!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachael204

Reaction score
Afternoon geeks!

As the title suggests I am getting married! We are off to Vegas next month to do the deed and I am trying to decide what to do with my make up!

I don't normally wear alot, a bit of max factor mineral powder and some mascara!
I need to wear a bit more so I stand out in photos and really don't want to get it done on the day by a stranger who I fear may make me into a drag queen!

I have very oily skin so will need something to keep that in check so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions/favourite products/hint & tricks please?

Thanks in advance! xx

First of all congratulations and I wish u all the best :)

Well I use Karaja its an italian brand and I love it on my clients as it is oil free! So firstly look for a foundation that is oil free. After I apply the foundation I use a cream blusher! I then use a transloosen powder to matt this, just dust it all over the face! This helps the makeup stay matt and makes it last longer! I then use a powder blusher on top of this. The cream blush acts as a base and it will not move and using the right colours u wont look like a drag.

I would use soft colours for your eyes, creams, browns and golds. Mascara no eyeliner. Use a natural lipstick or lip gloss.
Hope this helps you and congrats again xx

thank you very much :)

Its all very exciting xx

Bare minerals is fantastic make up and long lasting they also now have matte foundations for oily skin.

Id go to a make up counter and get them to try products xxx

I would say that no-one can advise on colour or shades without seeing your skin tone and face/eye shape. So perhaps visit a counter. Bobbi Brown do a bridal make-over which costs around £30.00 but is redeemable against product.

With regards to your oily skin (and the fact that it will hopefully be HOT in Vegas!) I would go for something like Laura Mercier Oil Free Primer, Diorskin Forever Foundation, MAC Blot Powder finished off with some Makeup Forever Mist & Fix or MAC Fix + to set it (DO NOT USE HAIRSPRAY as was mentioned on this site somewhere)

Congratulations and have an amazing time!

x

A great waterproof mascara (cos no doubt there will be tears!!) is Lancome Hypnose, I have tried many waterproofs and I found this to be great :biggrin:

Congratulations!

I would definitely recommend a good primer as you want your make up to last all day. My favourite is Smashbox Photofinish Foundation Primer and if you are oily go for the 'Light' one. I love this product sooo much and always get great feedback from my brides when I use it about how well their make up lasts.

You could consider a make-up lesson before you go to Vegas to decide on your overall look, and what products you will use on the day; the less you have to think about on the morning of the wedding the better!

I'd definitely recommend a primer too, I use a primer on all my Brides, so that the make-up lasts, and I think you'd need it in the heat in Vegas. I use Smashbox Photo Finish primer too, it's really really good. I also like Mac's Prep & Prime. Clarins also do a fixing spray, which I use on my Brides. Waterproof mascara is a must, but any other waterproof products would be good too, I read a tip from Daniel Sandler over the summer, and he was saying on hot days to use waterproof make-up as it tends to last a lot longer.
I hope that you have a fantastic wedding! x

thank you everyone for your advice and good wishes!

I will let you all know how I get on :) xx

Latest posts

Back