Nail adhesive v Superglue

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Northern Nails

Reaction score
Just a quick question really. I had a new client booked in b 4 christmas for a full set, anyhow i had virtully run out of nail adhesive so was scrapping the barrel for dregs..lol.

i forgot to mention that she is one of those that's been there know's everything and bought the t-shirt type. Said that she used to do peoples nails alot and just picked it up really, as she can turn her hand to everything!! (her words)

anyhow she asked me why don't i just use superglue as its just the same. I told her that nail adhesive won't discolour and is less likely to break down in water compared to superglue. (to be totaly honest i wasn't sure) I sais this as this is what i would expext from a professional nail adhesive.

So am i right and exactly WHAT IS the difference?

Oh yes, and she also lost two nails (been to fix them this afternoon) she didn't know how they came off (they just fell off apparently) i showed her the damage to her nail beds but she insisted that was due to me buffing them!!...lol (during prep).
She has really dry cuticles but she wouldn't have that either (she just said "no i haven't"...lol)

What's a nail tech to do...lol (i'm not paying myself enough for this ****!!...lol)

Oh i also told her i was full of cold she said "Your not"..!!!

PMSL....

not sure of the difference

Also ran out of glue just before xmas so i used super glue on my sisters nails and they are still on

It was a life saver really i' dont think i would of used it on a client in the salon theese days you never know who's gonna sue you for what

xxxx
Ang

Methyl Cynoacrylate is in super glue, and Ethyl Cynoacrylate is nail adhesive. As the later can be used on skin this would explain why a client told me that they use superglue in hospitals on patients. I was horrified when he told me i thought he ment super glue (he did actually but now i can tell him different)

Thanks again,x

I have seen this done in the USA and have tried it on myself whilst over there. Unsure of what products you use but as part of our training, we used acrylic to bond the tip to the nail and although you have to hold the tip down for about a minute or so the results are fantastic and as tough as anything.....just pick up a small ball of acrylic and pat it onto the inside of the tip as per usual when applying tips with adhesive and apply to nail. Any excess of acrylic on nail plate can be filed off.

:) LW

Yeah i've also been told about using acrylic using the flawless powder

Just to clarify ---

Methylcynoacrylate adhesives, such as super glue and lock-tight etc, are industrial adhesives which are unrefined, attract moisture and break down in water, are carcinogenic, they yellow, and are not intended for use on either the human body or on porous surfaces. Take all that into consideration and you have an adhesive that is totally unsuitable for using in the nail industry or for 'nails-at-home DIY'.

Ethylcynoacrylate adhesives, such as hospital grade/pharmaceutical grade adhesives used by dentists and nail technicians etc, were developed to be used on the human body and porous surfaces. They are highly refined, far more stable in a moist environment, non-carcinogenic and non-yellowing. And of course they are more expensive!

Thanks Geeg, i was just a bit stumped when she asked as to the reasons why we use nail adhesive. that's why i told her what i would expect the difference to be about the two products. I wasn't too far out.

Latest posts

Back