Nail art and brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

loopylisa7

Reaction score
I have attached a pic for reference... :)

I am a complete beginner with nail art.

Could some of you lovely experts advise how to use the various brushes shown, i.e what kind of nail art they are used for and post pics of examples if you have any?

xxx

Attachments

• brushes.JPG
    brushes.JPG
    34.7 KB · Views: 1,429
Hi!
Count from left to right.
1, 3, 7, is for outline the objects оr to make the thin lines and to paint long elements like leaves, petals (7).
2 and 14 is for long and straigft lines.
4, 5, 9-13 they are all different square brushes and made for one stroke painting.
6, 8 this brushes used for glitter dust or to make the different colour background before you start painting the elements.
And last one unfortunately i cannot see clear. It looks like dots. if it is dots im sure you know how to use it)))))
I hope it helps you a little. Good luck :)

Hi!
Count from left to right.
1, 3, 7, is for outline the objects оr to make the thin lines and to paint long elements like leaves, petals (7).
2 and 14 is for long and straigft lines.
4, 5, 9-13 they are all different square brushes and made for one stroke painting.
6, 8 this brushes used for glitter dust or to make the different colour background before you start painting the elements.
And last one unfortunately i cannot see clear. It looks like dots. if it is dots im sure you know how to use it)))))
I hope it helps you a little. Good luck :)

Not my question but something I've always wanted to know - Thank you for taking the time to write this explanation. Very helpful!

Just what I wanted to know too, thanks ☺what would be the best way to learn how to use them and nail art?? Is it best to do a course? Or follow you tube? Any help would be great. Thank you😘

Hi! For the best result it is always better to have a course. There are a many secrets and moments. and youtube cannot teach them. I had many questions about what brushes and paint i use. it doesn't metter. I can do the thin line even using the thickest brush and cheapest paint. If you do the good course you will teach technics, how to hold the brush etc, how to "put a hand".
Wish all the best!!! :)

Cherry berry any good suggestions for places to do the courses?

I'd agree that the final one is a type of dotting tool. I think I've bought this same set in the past. It's very thin and needle-like so you may want to invest in a few dotting tools of different sizes.

The best way of working out how to use them is to start playing. As Cherry-Berry mentioned, you can do almost anything with most brushes. Some will feel easier to use for certain styles than others.

Think of the brushes as a good excuse to have some fun with nail art and let your imagination run wild. A course will teach you great things but if you can think out of the box, the possibilities are endless!

Hi! For the best result it is always better to have a course. There are a many secrets and moments. and youtube cannot teach them. I had many questions about what brushes and paint i use. it doesn't metter. I can do the thin line even using the thickest brush and cheapest paint. If you do the good course you will teach technics, how to hold the brush etc, how to "put a hand".
Wish all the best!!! :)

Hi thank you, Where and who would be the best place/person to do the course with??
Thank you xxx

Hi girls, :( unfortunately i can not suggest anything here, because i was studying making nails and nail art in Russia. I couldn't find school here which i would like. sorry :(

Hi girls, :( unfortunately i can not suggest anything here, because i was studying making nails and nail art in Russia. I couldn't find school here which i would like. sorry :(
Why don't you offer classes!

have a play with the brushes and see what effects you can come up with, you tube is great for watching nail art demos as well. then get yourself on a course that will give you confidence to try more xx

Latest posts

Back