Nail Art ... applying glitter

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VickyB

Reaction score
Hi

I have the odd client or two that insists on nail art ... :irked:

Anyway, my question is: how do I apply glitter? Perhaps I might do the odd stripe/flick, dots and then want to add some glitter for sparkle. Do i just dip my little glitter brush into clear polish and then into the glitter and apply or am I needing special glitter mixer polish? (I already have the glitter stripers which work great but applying glitter with polish doesn't seem to give as good an effect ... am I doing it correctly?)

Thanks

Vicky

I have some clear acrylic paints with glitter running throuh them, about a 60ml bottle for about a pound from a craft shop. have a gold, a silver and a multicoloured glitter. really strong vibrant glitter. I use a super striper (affectionately known as boberella the 2nd) to do really long slim flicks when using the glitter as it gives a better effect than a chunky flick. ( hard to explain but dip your brush so it is heavy and wobbly with paint and then drag your brush slowly along the nail. ) always wait til its really dry before using your top coat or the glitter will drag. hope this helps hun :o)

Latest posts

Back