Nail art help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

laura1201

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me the best way to do these nails? It looks simple but it's quite fiddly! What are the best brushes? I use bio sculpture gel and would normally use vinylux for nail art.
Thanks in advance! ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408738001.291155.jpg

I think striping tape would be your best friend here!

This would be best done with a shellac polish / gel to save drying time and I agree, use tape! X

Good idea! I'll give it a try thank you :) anyone else?

Do you mean use tape to get a straight line? So apply first colour and cure, apply tape and apply second colour, cure then remove the tape?

I've done a similar one. I used gel . Did a thin white base on all nails 1st the nested lines with a brush dipped in gel cleanser. These are mine terrible pic and could have done better with practice. ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408742039.958795.jpg

I don't do chevrons they are too fiddly and I never can get them perfect hence the stripe !

Do you mean use tape to get a straight line? So apply first colour and cure, apply tape and apply second colour, cure then remove the tape?

Yep, exactly that! Works a treat. Or you could use a striper and free hand it ?

I've done a similar one. I used gel . Did a thin white base on all nails 1st the nested lines with a brush dipped in gel cleanser. These are mine terrible pic and could have done better with practice. View attachment 73380

I don't do chevrons they are too fiddly and I never can get them perfect hence the stripe !

Look pretty perfect to me! Good job 😊

I've done a similar one. I used gel . Did a thin white base on all nails 1st the nested lines with a brush dipped in gel cleanser. These are mine terrible pic and could have done better with practice. View attachment 73380

They're really good!! I struggle with zig zags so would struggle with the chevrons too.

Yep, exactly that! Works a treat. Or you could use a striper and free hand it ?

Thanks! I will try both. I'd worry that once it's cured and I remove the tape that it would rip off some of the cured gel, I'm not very good at explaining that! Will try it out first anyway! Shall I just use ordinary striping tape?

Thanks 😃 I don't do zig zags either lol
I've never used striping tape. Got some but had the same worries

The beauty of doing this kind of design with gel polish is you can create your design freehand (as near as dammit!) then before curing sharpen your shapes/angles with a gel brush to remove excess & straighten lines etc, I use a gelish square gel brush , I'm at home, use it all the time but forget the size/number sorry! Once you've created your shape or design with first coat & cured it's usually (but not always, depending on the complexity of your design!)) quite easy to apply the second coat to create the opacity required without having to re carve the design with your gel brush again. Be brave girls, give it a go! After a few trial & errors you'll find your confidence & save time (which is money!) over creAting designs using tape etc which depending on what you're doing could become time consuming. It's just a few practices & you'll be there !

I was asked for this design twice in 1 week! Whilst I think my execution was good I actually thought it wasn't very nice both times😔 it's bit a very flattering design. I used nail vynils and shellac. Let your uncared shellac sit for a bit before removing the tape. As the solvents evaporate the shellac won't run as muchImageUploadedBySalonGeek1408771580.432333.jpg

I was asked for this design twice in 1 week! Whilst I think my execution was good I actually thought it wasn't very nice both times😔 it's bit a very flattering design. I used nail vynils and shellac. Let your uncared shellac sit for a bit before removing the tape. As the solvents evaporate the shellac won't run as muchView attachment 73392

I think that's awesome!

Latest posts

Back