Nail art...how was this done??

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

huerta3

Eagar Beaver Geek
Reaction score
Ok I think this is just too cool but I don't know how it was done, I would love to give it a go so maybe someone can offer some ideas on how to accomplish this. I don't think it is airbrushed however I am probably wrong as I don't see how it could be done otherwise...

not sure of what stencil was used to create the look, but the design was made by applying a silver metallic nail polish first then airbrushed using white then black, placing the stencil at different angles on the nails....hth

It is done with airbrush.
First was applied silver all over
Then white rings followed by black rings.

for sure airbrushing... i can see the parts where the spray fades...

deffo airbrushed, and i'd say the stencil was a sticky ring reinforcer thingy that you put on paper in ring binders.

Wicked design! Yep they are all saying what I was going to say.
You can create some brilliant designs with airbrush and stencils, which is why I invested in one myself.:)

I would deff say the stencil was a hole reinforcer. What a nifty idea, very nice.

Rachel

It is done with airbrush.
First was applied silver all over
Then white rings followed by black rings.

Im sorry, but i disagree, white is sprayed first, when dry the paper reinforcers are applied and silver sprayed on top, then when dry more paper reinforcers are applied and then black is sprayed on top.

All I know is that it makes me want to get my gun and compressor and try and finish this airbrushing course I started about 6months ago!!:lol:

Lovely design.

Teri x:hug:

Thanks geeks. I wish I had an arbrush gun. I may have to take this design to my nearest salon and have them try it, it's awesome!!

Thanks geeks. I wish I had an arbrush gun. I may have to take this design to my nearest salon and have them try it, it's awesome!!

you could give the design a try by lightly dabbing on the paint with a sponge.

deffo airbrushed, and i'd say the stencil was a sticky ring reinforcer thingy that you put on paper in ring binders.
you are switched on angel, i thought it, but you said it :)
it's actually quite a simple design, airbrushing is very effective, but to deconstruct it, you have to think backwards.
As lili linz said , white first (as base), spray grey, reposition rings, then spray black.

Latest posts

Back