Nail art on all fingers-what's the longest it's taken you?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claire@OBNMK

Reaction score
When you've done gelish then nail art on all 10 nails what is the longest time it can take you.

I know some nail art takes longer than others, but whats the longest
(Im talking about now not when you were new or still training)

It's just that I've just done a set of gelish with nail art on all 10 (blue base, white diagonal section on 1/3 of nail, zebra stripes on white bit with a glitter stripe covering the dividing line) and it took me forever :sad: Not saying how long cos I'm too embarrassed :o

Look forward to the replies xxx

Don't be embarrassed.. I did a set of sculpted gel nails the other day and it took me just over 2 hours and i've done them plenty of times.. Dough Schoon posted on his facebook the other day a really great message that it isn't about how fast the service is done, it's about the quality of the nails and about how we take care of the natural nail. If something takes you a bit longer, so what. All my clients know that they're not going to get a fast service with me but they do know that they're going to love their nails after.

Don't be embarrassed.. I did a set of sculpted gel nails the other day and it took me just over 2 hours and i've done them plenty of times.. Dough Schoon posted on his facebook the other day a really great message that it isn't about how fast the service is done, it's about the quality of the nails and about how we take care of the natural nail. If something takes you a bit longer, so what. All my clients know that they're not going to get a fast service with me but they do know that they're going to love their nails after.

Aww thanks shannon , none of my ladies have moaned they all said they'd rather I'd do it properly than make a hash of it, but still there is a niggling voice inside my head, saying "Get a shift on FFS!" :D

I've been there.. and then you let that panic take over wondering if they're annoyed it's taking so long and then you start to get shaky and start second-guessing yourself...

I'm really interested to know how long it took?

Also, when you're doing nail art on each nail the customer has to understand that it is an add-on service so it will take up some more time!

I've slaved over sets for hours before, longest being about 3.

But if the customer wants intricate then they're willing to sit and wait for it :)

I've slaved over sets for hours before, longest being about 3.

But if the customer wants intricate then they're willing to sit and wait for it :)

Exactly!

nearly 2hrs but it was fiddly and there were lots of different sections to it.

It didn't help when i asked her about previous nail treatments and the last one was in an oriental nail bar, acrylics with nail art on, took them 1 hr!!! :green:

nearly 2hrs but it was fiddly and there were lots of different sections to it.

It didn't help when i asked her about previous nail treatments and the last one was in an oriental nail bar, acrylics with nail art on, took them 1 hr!!! :green:

If you whacked out 50 sets a day, you'd also be able to do them in an hour!

Latest posts

Back