Nail art paints and brushes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Envynails

Reaction score
Hey ladies :).

I've tried using the cheaper acrylic paints and brushes to practice, (which I think is fine to start off with) but can anyone recommend any good paints and nail art pens please? Don't mind paying a bit either :)

Any help is very much appreciated :) xxxx

And brushes lol sorry was typing too quick lol xx

Roubloff nail art brushes really helped me to give a nice result especially the 00 detail brush. Unfortunatelly i cannot help you with the colors because i'm also having a research of which brand is ideal. i'm looking if one that will give a thick result and not be sheer. Can anyone help?

Awesome :) thank you got some on order :). Yeah I know what you mean :). Hopefully someone can help? Lol xx

I'm not as advanced in nail art as I'd like to be and I'm not a nail tech. Just do it for fun right now. But done a lot of research and tried many different brushes. By fat, Kolinsky sable brushes Series 7 by Windsor & Newton. I could only find it online but the upper art stores may have them. I have a brush size 1 and also 0 and they are good but something smaller would really be the most ideal. I'm positive you would not be disappointed with these brushes!

That first line was supposed to say "by FAR". Not by "fat". Haha. Oops

When it comes to paint, I have always used Liquitex. It's a little pricey but for the amount that you use it'll last forever. The cheap paints are much harder to use and dont have a nice opaqueness to them. They have different consistanties as well. I like the soft bodies. However the heavy bodies can go a long ways if you know how to use them.

And with brushes I have a few different brands. I'll have to look at my brushes and get back to you.

I use Crystal brushes for my nail art, and either crystal one stroke acrylics for one stroke or Sam Biddle Be Creative water based acrylics for any other nail art I do xx

Aww brilliant! :) thanks for all your advice :) helped loads xx

I have to agree, I use liquitex and really recommend it, I used t for my art before nails and love it for one stroke and also fine detailing.

Can I ask specifically about a long striping brush recommendation? I didn't get the original Additives set that had one in the brush kit, so can't use that and the brush kit I bought from Irresistible on S2 only has a short one.

For best nail art paint, I have to say Deco Art Americana Acrylic Paint. The consistency is perfect, not too think or too thick. And it's easy to mix or blend and create new colours with. They are not very expensive. In uk, they can be bought in hobby craft for £2 each for 59ml. They are permanent acrylic paint when they dry but can still be removed with alcohol if you do mistake. Google them and you will love it. If you want thick consistency, try deco art americana gloss enamel. They are thick enough to go on glass surfaces.
For brushes, try americana brushes or Lowe Cornell brushes. Get size 18/0 or 20/0 liner brushes for detail painting. You can also look for miniature details painting brushes if you want to get tiny brushes to do detail nail art. Hope it helps

Try Crystal Nails brushes and paints, they put an end to years of searching and disappointment for me. :D

Latest posts

Back