Nail Art Party Help Again...

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Hi Peeps, need your help again sorry... it has been mentioned on how to keep the kids happy whilst your painting the other nails so ive bought a few cheap items to go as a present and am hoping to do a little competition to keep them occupied rather than them smudging their nails.. i thought this is a great idea, but now im stuck on what competition they can do their ages are 12-13 and there will be 9 of them but i cant think of what i can do to keep them busy? can anyone suggest some competition ideas and then the winner will get the extra present that i have made up? thanks in advance x x

Why not have them design nail art. Print off some nail tip/bed shapes onto an A4 page, about 10 or so to a page. Give each child a page & take a container filled with felt/glitter pens & have them design some nail art.

This should, regarless of their age keep them focused but also allow them to still chat & sing along with the party flow & let you to concentrate on your design in hand. Make sure that you tell them you may not be able to replicate their designs exactly so as not to disapoint, though some of their ideas may come in useful. HTH

what about drawing a nail shape onto card/paper and providing them with a load of pens etc and letting them design their own nail...? I know kids that age are awkward (!) and although probably not into 'colouring competitions' will enjoy designing nails. alternatively what about some temporary tattoos - they could all get one or two each to do on one another. These can be costly but you can make your own - if you go to http://www.on-linepaper.co.uk or www.craftycomputerpapers.co.uk
not sure which one of these do them but one of them def does! Alternatively Lazatran sell them - i'll check out a link for you.
or how about taking a hair braider (babyliss) and letting them braid each others hair. I'm not good about giving one child a present for 'winning' - always seems to cause havoc but then only basing this on my experiences with my own children's parties! best of luck!

princessmowgli said:
Why not have them design nail art. Print off some nail tip/bed shapes onto an A4 page, about 10 or so to a page. Give each child a page & take a container filled with felt/glitter pens & have them design some nail art.

snap - great minds think alike!

Tickled Pink! said:
snap - great minds think alike!
Agreed....... only you put in more detail. The tatoos are a good idea. Try www.biglaugh.co.uk . They have some nice ones, not too expensive, cheaper the more you buy & free P+P. Also I bought some decal paper from Lazertran & printed my own water decals which could be a good idea, fave boy/girl bands, logos etc etc. Braiding is also fun if you know what to do. Saturday night I had to suffer the shame of my partner having to show me how to do it...........Don't you just hate it when that happens.

Latest posts

Back