Nail Art Products Recommendations Please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

champagne

Reaction score
Dear all dedicated nail arters !

My nail art is not the best (not through lack of trying) !

I have bought various stripers/acrylic paints/brushes & all of them have been a complete waste of money ......

My art always looks rubbish and i cant get it fine enough.....

Could any of you please recommend some good nail art products and brushes and any views on the ready for use striper pen/paints ...

Many thanks Geeks xxxx

Mine is rubbish too. I've looked at videos, tried different brushes, etc, but still not having success. People seem to make it look so easy (I know they have been practising for ages though), but I can't seen do even a good single line!

i have got a set of cheap stripers that i had brought for me for xmas.....hmmm dont you just love it when family members think they know what nail products you want to use??? i did actually think that they wernt too bad at the time....but i also have some acrylic paint from and art shop which i put in a pot and add i tiny amount of water to thin it out a bit. I dont really use them all that much anymore...i just use coloured/glitter acrylic now

This is a good thread.. I to just want some simple strippign colours to do a touch of art... I have artist paints and bought brushes from the art store.. nothing seems to work well.. I have seen some great really fine nail art and have no idea what they used..
I have had a look at hawley ( to thick) Le Chat ( to thin and watery)...
Can anyone suggest anythign better
Thanks
Mel

not just me then..... i want to be able to acheive lovely fine lines ...

im great with the dotting tool lol

I find nsi skinny stripers are great for thin fine lines, I also use the smallest size detail brush ( sable hair) fir intricate work, as for paints I use either createx airbrush paint or other good tube acrylics, then just add water to them :hug: never had a problem, its a matter of pressure with the brush you are using too, that makes a difference:hug:

I like to use the acrylic paint I buy at my local craft store. I found a fantastic site (have to pay a nominal fee for the tutorials) that teaches you step by step how to do amazing painted art. I found with this site that its much easier than before! You can view the art before you pay for tutorials so you can see what she will teach you.

Christie's Nails

Hope this helps!

i reccomend that you buy a fine sable brush from an art store and trim away the bristles at the base to make it finer if neccessary. never pull bristles out though as they will all loosen and fall out.

i like to use airbrush paints for hand painted designs as they are nice and thin but heavily pigmented.. however a good quality acrylic craft paint also works well.

i dont recomend polish type paints as they dont dry fast enough and are harder to remove if you make a mistake.

i wouldnt buy nail art paints as they are just small amounts of acrylic paint at a higher cost and the smaller the pot the faster they will dry out.

likewise with stripers, you'll have a lot more versatility with a thin art brush and acrylic paints, stripers dry out really quickly. if you want glitter stripes use a brush with clear polish on and sprinkle on the glitter before the clear polish dries.

I got all my acrylic paints from hobby craft and my nail art brushes, glitter,and they are great,never had any problems with them so fare. Why dont you geeks get some books to help you,theres ones that do step by step for you to follow.marie mingay nail style and pansy alexander nail art creat over 50 nail art designs.Also try doing a nail art course there lot around.hth.:hug:xx

Heya, I started with Rio Professional Nail Art £20 Argos, Buy Rio Professional Nail Art. at Argos.co.uk - Your Online Shop for . It was a present bought for me two years ago and I loved it, the pens are great, very thin brushes and there is a DVD to teach you the basics for nail art.. I also love Nubar nail stripers and stargazers are very good!! Hope this helps x

Try Step-By-Step For Nail Art for suggestions. Layla sounds like she knows what she's doing! Click on the step by step for nail art. Check out her entire website.

I took the nail art course with EN, I know I lot of people on here think it's a waste of money, but they show you the basics of everything which allows you to do your own designs. The best website I've come across is

Free Instructions for Nail Art.Every week a new free Nail Art guidance for you.

I've tried loads of these designs and they look great.

Don't give up, nail art is becoming the in thing at the moment (well it is where I live) and it could be a good money maker.

I went on a nail art course last Monday using Professionails gels. They showed us how do lovely nail art by using their coloured gels. I didn't know you could do such things with gels. We did funky thinks like rubbing some white gel on wax paper (left over paper from the forms) then setting it under the uv lamp. Gives a great web type effect. I was really impressed by the sorts of things you could achieve without the use of striper pens.

Latest posts

Back