Nail art - Swarovski crystals

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JLD

Reaction score
hello everyone ,
I am using the Jessica geleration system and I'm wondering how everyone is applying gems ? And what glue are you using?
I'm finding some glues leave marks..
Are you applying gems only at end or before top coat?
Many thanks

I lightly buff the top coat, apply the crystal with Nsi polybond nail glue and when it's dry I do another topcoat going around the crystals with a nail art brush if they are close together to ensure they are secured

I use gelish and this is what I do.
After second colour coat I put crystal on then cure.
I then topcoat ( going around the crystals.
Topcoat again.
Cleanse, apply oil.
I never have clients losing them [emoji4]

I use gelish and this is what I do.
After second colour coat I put crystal on then cure.
I then topcoat ( going around the crystals.
Topcoat again.
Cleanse, apply oil.
I never have clients losing them [emoji4]

Option 1: you can put glue on the nail where you will be placing the crystals then place crystals on top of the glue. Seal with Gel top coat then cure.

Option 2: you can put a gel of your choice ( i like sculpting gel) and place the crystals on top of the gel, then cure..
after you cure you want to get a tiny brush , dip it into the gel and place the gel around the crystals to seal them
then cure. After that you can put your gel topcoat on ( make sure you don't put the gel on top of the crystals it will dull them)

its all based on preference I've seen it done both ways.
if your doing a full bling nail or you're placing a lot of crystals on one nail, i would suggest you go with the gel method because you can move the crystals around on the nail (if you need to) before you cure it

Latest posts

Back