Nail art tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nickyc

Reaction score
Hi can anyone recommend a good nail art book and any tips to start off with. I've got the dotting tool and the stripper brush would other tools or brushes would you recommend? Thanks

Which striper have you got?
I use 2... Super striper and skinny striper, I use them both quite a bit,
and along with the dotter they are my most used tools.
Get yourself some striping tapes and a selection of different-shaped rhinestones, & some 3D stickers.
There are several other tools, fan-brush, cupping tools, precision paint brush but, Id make yourself comfortable with the things that give crisp, achievable results first.
Have you seen the book by K-Sa-Ra? ... this is a great if youre just starting in nail art, as it tells you about all the basics/tools.
Youll find here, along with an online shop.
www.netnails.net

Hi Nicky,

I use a very fine brush for delicate hand nail art,i cant remember what it is called but it is by spangles. Also as Glors has said rhinestones are fab, i personally think you cant have enough!!!LOL.

As for paints i use acrylic paints (which i got from my local hobby craft). The main piece of advise from me is too practise.What i do is buy some cheap tips & practise different designs on them.

Also do a search for nail art sites there are some fab sites about,lots of ideas & insparation!!

HTH
Louise x :biggrin:

hi thanks for your replies yes i am just starting out so will have a look at the k-sa-ra book, the stripper brush i've got has very long hairs but find it hard to get perfect lines maybe with some pratice i'll get better. Is this the brush you use? Does the book cover water marbleing? Thanks

I tend to use my skinny striper most, it has a lot less hairs and is quite a bit shorter than the super striper.

K-Sa-Ra book doesnt cover Water Marbling... but heres a great link to help you out. http://www.oceasia.com.au/nail/focusmarble.html

Hth x.

I will have to buy a skinny striper maybe i'll find it abit easier to work with.
About water marbling i have had a go, is there a trick to prevent water bubbles?
One last thing i need some basic nail art tips can anyone help, anything simple!!!! Please!
Glorsclaws said:
I tend to use my skinny striper most, it has a lot less hairs and is quite a bit shorter than the super striper.

K-Sa-Ra book doesnt cover Water Marbling... but heres a great link to help you out. http://www.oceasia.com.au/nail/focusmarble.html

Hth x.

Flicks (made using a super striper) from one corner of the nail are nice

Using a dotting tool, you can make little daisy flowers

Using a dotting tool you can make little doggy footprints and with imagination you can then go on and make some little children footprints

Striping tape and rhinestone can make some very simple but effective patterns

Basically there are no hard and fast rules to nail art...anything goes!! Try anything...if it doesnt work, try something else.
Marion Newman's book The Complete Nail Technician has some good ideas in...why not get a copy as it is a good reference book also.

Latest posts

Back