Nail Art with Vinylux advice please

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plumpapple

Reaction score
Hi - I currently offer lots of nail art with my Gelish and last June invested in some Vinylux colours for those who don't want gel. Now at the moment I don't offer nail art with Vinylux as I'm scared if I muck it up it's not easy to correct like gel where you can just wipe it off. Obviously if you do this with the Vinylux you'd end up having to re do the whole nail! However, that said, I would like to be able to offer some designs with Vinylux.

What do you find the easiest things to do?
I have only done polka dots on it so far.
Do loose glitters, foils etc work still and how's best?

I have just ordered another 13 colours and 3 top coats so that I have one spare for top coating glitter etc.

Any advice would be much appreciated! I don't know why I'm so nervous when I'm fine doing it on Gelish! lol

Lines, dots, blocks of colors, and sticking studs and gems. I find glitter too messy with regular polish. I had a good play today and came up with these. Very simple to do. You can also paint on your designs using acrylic paints because if you mess it up, you just wipe it off with water. The polish would be dry by then anyway so you won't mess anything up.

1546317_510755645711855_727857648_n.jpg

I use stamping, stickers, water decals etc over it. All work great as it drys so fast.

Glitter and additives work too. You can tap glitter over when wet, mix it in the polish/topcoat, dip the finger in glitter pot or pat it on with a brush (has to be tacky but not too wet).

Foils work but I find I'm a bit hit and miss with the drying time. It's either dry already or it's too wet and the foil pulls the polish off. Maybe using a foil glue would help.

Here are some I've done with vinylux..

Hth 😀

Foil:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391637830.848813.jpg

Glitter and additives:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391637868.799033.jpg

Stamping:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391637898.365909.jpg

Glitter and dashing diva tattoos:
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1391637916.450318.jpg

Latest posts

Back