Nail Art Workshops

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Belle Vie

Reaction score
Just wondering how many of us have been on or would go to a nail art workshop.

For those who have - what did you get out of it? Do you think it was worthwhile? What did you cover?

For those who would like to attend one at some point - what would you hope to gain from it? Are there any specifics techniques that would interest you? Would you want the course to be accredited or does it not really matter?

I'd be really grateful if we could keep this thread non-brand specific if that's ok, I'm looking for a general overview xx

I would definitely go on a nail art workshop because there is always new things to learn and I don't think it would matter at all if it was accredited as all the clients will care about is it making their nails nicer. I would like to see just a step by step guide on things like one stroke because sometimes I look at other people's work and I wouldn't have a clue where to start and maybe a beginners, intermediate and advanced class so everyone starts on the same level. Ive found the difference between my good training classes and bad can often be down to the size of the class, theres nothing worse than paying money to see a demo over somebody's shoulder and then left to your own devices with a teacher that has so many pupils that they only have time to glance over at you xx

I had to do one yesterday as part of my nvq but to be honest I've been doing nail art for over a year and that's what made me decide to train and get into the industry so I found the morning yesterday I was quite bored which I haven't been at all during my course but because it covered the basics like striping, dotting, marbling and foiling I have been doing most of those for a while now and have my own technique but there was another person on the day with me and I think she found it very good as she wasn't really that artistic and really wanted to try out everything and do different things. But I think everyone is different. And it's good for courses to cover basics like that and crystals and glitter because some people wouldn't have a clue.

For me, it would depend on what mediums the class would be using, and if I can pick up new ways to use the nail art items I already have. I've done the Young Nails "Use your Imagination" one a few years back, and I enjoyed it (mainly because it was Greg Salo in the flesh sitting in front of us all haha!) He was demonstrating all the different ways to use their nail art stuff, and did a few designs. From that I incorporated more encapsulated designs into my work as oppose to just laying things on top. (My former clients back home love their nails very intricate and in-your-face.)

I'm about to go on a Shellac Art & Style class very soon, and I'm looking forward to it. I'm hoping it's more than just rubbing glitter or additives onto inhibition layers because I'm quite bored with that, and I might be inspired to play around more and come up with something fresh & new.

Just wondering how many of us have been on or would go to a nail art workshop.

For those who have - what did you get out of it? Do you think it was worthwhile? What did you cover?

For those who would like to attend one at some point - what would you hope to gain from it? Are there any specifics techniques that would interest you? Would you want the course to be accredited or does it not really matter?

I'd be really grateful if we could keep this thread non-brand specific if that's ok, I'm looking for a general overview xx

Hi Gemma, I would definitely come to one of your courses if you decide to go ahead with it :D I am always keen to learn new techniques x

Thank you lovely, just starting to investigate the possibility of it, but would want to make it as useful as possible, will keep you updated :wink2:

I would be interested in a nail art workshop. Again I don't think it would matter if it was accredited as my clients just want pretty nails and new exciting nail art.

It would also depend on what I could learn. I have been striping, dotting and flicking for years. Same with foils, glitters etc I would want to be learning something new to me.

I think smaller class sizes would be better so more attention can be paid to the students. Nothing worse than paying for a course, straining your neck to see over a shoulder and left to your own devices. I would want the teacher to come around and offer guidance and help, not be rushed away as she has 30 other people to peek at.

Also as said before, different levels of courses would be good. Everyone would be starting with similar skills and not bored by going over old ground. It would also guve you something to work towards, I know I'd want to work up through the course levels to learn as much as I could!.

P.S. Still think you should do youtube tutorials. I'd subscribe! You wouldn't need to be on camera, be behind it and let us see your hands get creative! x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

I'd definitely come to one of your classes! I can't believe you do your nail art with Shellac! It's fantastic!

I'd definitely come to one of your classes! I can't believe you do your nail art with Shellac! It's fantastic!

Agreed!!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Oh yes I would be very interested in a class x

Latest posts

Back