Nail Art

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amyjade

Reaction score
I would hazard a guess at either gel, marbled for the colour swirls and then fimo canes for the fruit or perhaps they are hand painted?

get yaself some tips out and hav a play hun - most of the best creative designs ever come from just that :D xxx

In would also say its proberly gel and then fimo canes. The best thing to remember is look beyond all the detail and start at the beginning. For instance... on the right hand i believe it was the ring finger. Notice the darker pink toward the free edge - this could be done in two thick swipes (instead of lots of little detail lines) Do it as if you were doing a somewhat messy smile line in two stages, criscrossing in the middle of the nail starting from the sides. Then you can do pretty much the same with the lighter glittery pink and then touch up with the white going along the edge of the pink making it look neater.. then you can tail up the darker pink like it is in the picture, then add the fruit. I hope that makes sense, it sounds right to me but the way i worded it might make you even more confused lol.

Thanks ladies, I've had a go and they're getting better but I hate glitter! I just can't use it = (

they are lovely ! and there is more than one way to apply glitter, have you tried keeping a separate "brush" just for glitter and dip to apply if its just for tiny touches of glitter

Do you use acrylic? Nfu Oh do the most amazing ranges of glitter acylic, premixed and so easy to get lots of effects and styles from them :D

I have a separate set of brushes for glitter that isn't premixed to sve getting glitter on my good brushes :D

I can use the premixed glitter acrylics (and I mostly do :) ) but my free glitter just ends up looking like messy blobs! I do have a separate brush just for glitter but I think it might be too big? I'll try with a smaller brush tomorrow and see if that's any better.
Thanks for the tips ladies :hug:

try a fine brush nd do it little by little. I rarely do glitter art using free glitter added onto semi-cured acrylic but instead put my base colours down and then use a glitter mixer ( available from essential nails at the mo ) and a fine brush to add detail, let it set and cap in clear :D xxx

Latest posts

Back