Nail biter acrylic tutorial

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobbyrazz

Reaction score
Hola geeks.
I was scrawling YouTube yesterday trying to find some tips on applying acrylic as I'm struggling to get it on smooth and I found this:

How to Apply Acrylic Nails on Short Bitten Nails Tutorial Video by Naio Nails - YouTube

I'm just wondering what you guys make of it? I'm dreading the day I get a phone call from a serious nail biter lol. I've seen the saddling tutorial but I think I'd find this a little easier (if it works).

Thankies :)

I have seen this video before and wasnt sure about it. I follow the young nails way for enhancements on bitten nails. They have a you tube tutorial too, compare the two and see which one you prefer.

ive discovered some good vids on nail biting at nail angel;)

Gemma is one of the best nail techs around and I think this nail she produced looked great and I like the method she used to achieve it.

YN do a similar method but the form is laid down first, I honestly find this to be difficult due to the bulge of skin that if often there on nail biters and I have found myself using Gemmas method on many occasions.

Each to their own though depending on training and what your skill level is:)

I think I'm going to try this on myself as my nails are suffering a bit at the moment so it makes sense for me to try it on me before anyone else :)

By all means try the method but for your own safety please don't pick up ALL the bad habits I see In that video such as:

Wiping your brush out on your table towel and then leaning in it (hello to a stinking salon and eventual allergic reaction)

Using the belly instead of the tip of the brush and getting monomer all around the skin of your clients' nails ( hello allergic reaction).

A tip on that nail or a form would have been a perfectly suitable service without applying wet un-reacted product right on top of the client's skin, and you could have done the same proceedure in a SAFE manner.

As for breaking!! I don't think there was much chance of that happening. :lol:

By all means try the method but for your own safety please don't pick up ALL the bad habits I see In that video such as:

Wiping your brush out on your table towel and then leaning in it (hello to a stinking salon and eventual allergic reaction)

Using the belly instead of the tip of the brush and getting monomer all around the skin of your clients' nails ( hello allergic reaction).

A tip on that nail or a form would have been a perfectly suitable service without applying wet un-reacted product right on top of the client's skin, and you could have done the same proceedure in a SAFE manner.

As for breaking!! I don't think there was much chance of that happening. :lol:

Thats what worried me the most...putting the wet product right on the clients skin. we were told so many times when i was trained to avoid any product getting on clients skin. I know young nails way is fiddly and it can take quite some time to get the forms to fit right but i know i dont have to worry about a skin reaction at least. I also explain to a nail biter that their service will take longer than usual so they expect it and i dont feel rushed and can spend time making sure the forms are just right.

Just logging so I can come back :)

Doing what you have just done, is not the way to subscribe to a thread. Can you just imagine what the forums would look like if everyone did this?

To subscribe to a thread so that you can follow what is going on in it, even if you have not posted, is easy. Just look up on the bar where it says "thread tools" ... Click on that and then choose the "subscribe to thread" option. That is all there is to it.

When you are fed up of a thread and don't want to see it any longer then do just the same thing again, apart from choosing the "unsubscribe from thread" option.

Thanks.

Sorry Geeg, I was just running out of the door on the school run when I spotted the thread so posted from my phone, I've never done it before but totally understand though :)

I'll browse via the laptop when home and do as you suggest.

Eta, deff no excuse now as I've just clicked on the tab on my phone and that says subscribe.. Cheers for the heads up as its made me find out something new :)

Latest posts

Back