Nail biters - Men?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kellyc

Reaction score
Sorry is this has been asked previously, but i have just had a phone call from a male who advises me he has severly bitten nails and are in a mess and he wants something done with them, he doesnt want anything false or fancy. I suggested a manicure however i have never done a male client before so your help would be really appreciated, what is the procedure for a male client, also if they are a nail biter what would you suggest doing etc, is there anything in particular you would use? please help me thanks guys x x x

Hello there - hhmmm the male thing ehh?
Why dont you give him a real good manicure , clean the nail plate etc and then recomend - you guessed it - good old solor / cuticle oil .Explain why youre using it and the ongoing benefits of him using it on a regular basis.
Another thing you could do is pm one of the male geeks on the sight for their opinions on what a male client would expect .
Also on a saftey note if your not in a salon situation with other people around take care not to put yourself in any sort of risky situation. I'm sure your client is a genuine customer - but unfortunately you can never b too sure & its certainly not worth any risks .
Best wishes
lol jayneym xxx
Kellyc said:
Sorry is this has been asked previously, but i have just had a phone call from a male who advises me he has severly bitten nails and are in a mess and he wants something done with them, he doesnt want anything false or fancy. I suggested a manicure however i have never done a male client before so your help would be really appreciated, what is the procedure for a male client, also if they are a nail biter what would you suggest doing etc, is there anything in particular you would use? please help me thanks guys x x x

At a guess he's going to have appalling cuticles and loads of over-grown skin around the side walls etc.

They may be quite tough, so a long soak before the cuticle work, try to use something not too girlie smelling to soak his hands in.

File off as many of the catchy corners and edges as possible

Cuticle work and smoothing the edges will make a massive difference - do you use the Solar range?

Use the Solar Manicure exfoliating crystals if he has hard skin and callouses - finish with Solar Silk - almonds are quite masculine smelling I reckon :biggrin:

Loads of Solar Oil as JayneyM said

Not sure if you want to recommend anything to put on them, but NailEnvy comes in a matt version for men and those who don't want a shiny finish.

Have fun - I love doing men's hands

Trin
xx

Hi girls thanks for your advice i will be printing it off and practicing on my dads lol! as for Solar range unfortunately i dont use that range, thanks again and look forward to any other help x x

If he's a severe nail biter he may well need a thin overlay.. this will make it much harder and far less satisfying for him to chomp.... Seen this before!!

I found brisa clear sculpting gel without finishing gloss works well. Otherwise a very thin application of an semi opaque powder (applied very thin!)

Don't build any apex in as he'll find this looks really obvious and don't add any length. A real biter will get under the new length and eat that too...

I have a male client who is a BUILDER! he hands were awful!

He loves a manicure, and likes it kept simple! I use the Bubbly White Stuff - can't remember what its called - mix it with warm water & it fizzes! Loads of cuticle work & hang nails!

Hand & Arm massage with massage oil with Lavender in!

And just buff the nail surface to a shine!

Must warn you - the first time I saw him, his girlfriend rang me to give me an earful! Then booked herself in! Both good friends now!

Must warn you - the first time I saw him, his girlfriend rang me to give me an earful! Then booked herself in! Both good friends now![/QUOTE]

What did she say?

What was the fizzy white stuff? Creative? Also, how did you get the ground in dirt stains out, with a brush? I'm really interested in male grooming so I'd love any tips you can give me. xxx

Hiya it is called bubble white, its 99p from sallys for a satchet...havnt tryed it myself....soz xxx

Latest posts

Back