Nail conditions in elderly clients

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Julia-Anne

Reaction score
I treat many elderly clients (80 plus) and quite a few have developed a white streaking on the nail bed and yellowing. After leaving off the nail polish on one client this has improved. Could medication be the cause reacting to the polish? They love having polish on. Nothing like this happens to my more youthful clients.

I would be most grateful for any advice.

Julia Anne

When I was nursing my first ward was the elderly care ward. The sister told us that after seeing elderly people's feet we'd never eat pork scratchings again, and never to accept a Malteser off a patient.
Sorry!

That's not helpful at all, is it?!

When I was nursing my first ward was the elderly care ward. The sister told us that after seeing elderly people's feet we'd never eat pork scratchings again, and never to accept a Malteser off a patient.
Sorry!

i have been laughing at this comment for a good 5 minutes now.

Sorry!

The most helpful reply!! Hahaha :) brilliant!

But yes hun, it could well be medication etc.

Kayleigh xx

I would say it was age rather than medication. Aged nails are dry nails already. Wearing polish will dehydrate them further. It's not life threatening to have dehydrated nails! Keep them polished and make them look pretty.

Latest posts

Back