Nail Courses - Pompadour/Sally Salon Services

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RoyalLass

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a newbie to this site so hope you all don't mind me jumping straight in with some questions!

I'm starting a training course in August, but am struggling to decide between the Pompadour (Cesars Acrylic Nails & Star Nails Nail art) and the Sally Salon Services (Mercia Nails). Has anyone had experience of either and can recommend one or the other?

Pompadour's course is just in acrylics whereas the Sally's one is 2 systems in the same amount of time.

Also, Pompadour insist on you doing the manicure course first whereas Sally's don't. Is this necessary / beneficial in your opinion? Or not needed and just an extra £85!

Thanks in advance! :)

imo, the mani is needed. but I cannot answer for the products as I don't use these.

I did the star nails course, but I did manicure, pedicure, nail enhancements and the nail art.
The art day was ok, but I knew more techniques than the tutor did.
The course got my foot on the ladder and then I did a Creative conversion day.
hth's

I say you DEFINATELY need the manicure qualification before you attend an enhancement course. I haven't used either of those products either, I'm going to attend a CND course some time this year, I'm awaiting the available dates

I was talking to one of the Sally's owners about training the other day and she got their training book out for me to see, now I am not sure if it is all of the mercia courses, but I would double check about the mani certificate as the ones I saw required you to have a mani certificate to enrol
hth

Thanks for the replies everyone...it does say you need the manicure cert. but I was told by the manager that they don't insist on it, also a friend who did their course didn't do it either and still passed her enhancement course.

However, my feeling is that I would do the manicure course and would then book with pompadour as i can do everything there.
Also, Sally's said you could book the course, but it would be cancelled if there weren't enough people and I only have a window of 3 weeks due to leave restriction at work!

I would do the ceasers course at pompadour, sean and jackie who do this course are brilliant. i trained with them whilst they were working for grafton, and they are very good at what they do with invaluble advice. I trained with them at the pompadour in derby about 4 years ago. :hug:

Latest posts

Back