Nail curling

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DONZIE

Reaction score
Hi,
could anyone help me with a problem that I have with one of my clients. I have been doing her nails for about 10 weeks now, started with tips and liquid and powder (creative products). Everything has been fine so far but when she came to see me yesterday after leaving it 3 weeks, one of her thumb nails was sort of curling away from the product? Can anyone tell me why this has happened and what I should do to correct it please? I'm a bit worried about this
Thanks
Donna

DONZIE said:
Hi,
could anyone help me with a problem that I have with one of my clients. I have been doing her nails for about 10 weeks now, started with tips and liquid and powder (creative products). Everything has been fine so far but when she came to see me yesterday after leaving it 3 weeks, one of her thumb nails was sort of curling away from the product? Can anyone tell me why this has happened and what I should do to correct it please? I'm a bit worried about this
Thanks
Donna

Its linked to dehydration and I think and the drying out of the adhesive between the nail and the tip and it bascially dissapearing..so ...I beleive a way around this problem can be to sculpt instead of tip and overlay as there is no adhesive to break down...hth (if its correct)...

Thanks for your reply. Yes that does help as at least now I know why its happened but I don't really know what I can do to correct it as I've only done the Creative foundation course and we weren't shown how to sculpt.

Get yourself on a sculting course ....why not give Creative a call about some one2one on this hun then you wont have to worry anymore...thats if my thoughts are correct though...

Nails do not have to curl away from tips any more easily than curling away from a sculpted nail if you always remember to seal and wrap the sides of the free edge at every rebalance appointment.

Read the Geeks tutorial entitled 'curlingonysuckis'. It explains all.

Hey there,
I know how irritating this can be....
As Geeg said - seal all free edge in I find this stops curling,also applying oil every day under the free edge seems to help!!

Clare x

Oh yes oiling those babies is a must...........
It keeps the natural nice and plump, its like those autum leafes, when they first fall of the tree they are smooth and soft, after a week on the ground the go all dry, crumbly, curl up on the sides and shrink in size .
So to make sure the nail does not dry out and shrink away from the tip edge, just like those fallen leafes, keep it moist with solar oil........ It also keeps the L&P in tip top condition.

Sculpting does solve the curling problem, but if tipping is your only option then make sure that the tips is fully adhered to the natural nail......... no gaps...........and plenty of Solar oil what ever your chosen application may be...............

HTH

Latest posts

Back