Nail desk airfilter advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJ's World of Beauty

Reaction score
Hi

I have just bought an air filter for my nail desk, and the advice is to replace the filter every 4 weeks! :o Is this really necessary? Can the filter be rinsed under water and left to dry (after shaking dust out) to try and lengthen its life?

Thanks

Mel x
:)

Hi I would do as you say. Just rinse the filter and let it dry say overnight.

If the filter is going to filter correctly, for your health's sake you'd best do as the manufacturer recommends.

These do-it-yourself ideas are precisely why nail technicians are working with sub-standard equipment and thinking they are OK when they are not!
Your air quality will not be guaranteed unless you do as you are told by the manufacturer.

The VapexD filter needs to be changed once a year and it needs to be changed not rinsed out under the tap. Any of you who have invested in one - check back to when you bought it and order another.

on this thread. i have an rem desk with filter... perhaps it me, but i hardly put mine on when doing enhancements. its right in the place where i put my hand wedge, then a towel then small couchroll over the top of that.
i figure its not gonna work with all that over it...and i can really move to the left or right of the filter....
what should i do (sounds like a pathetic question i know)

Thanks for your advice, I've also spoke to my Creative Nail trainer who advises, like Geeg, to follow the manufacturers instructions.

Thanks again, :D

Mel x

I place the arm cushion so the clients forearm is resting on it (with couch roll over), which positions their fingers nicely over the filter. Before I had the filter fitted I found I was constantly asking Clients (who like to recline in their chair!) to move their hands closer to me, so I now have cleaner air and pain free neck and shoulders!! :rofl:

"I hardly put mine on when doing enhancements. its right in the place where i put my hand wedge, then a towel then small couchroll over the top of that.
i figure its not gonna work with all that over it..."

It definitely won't work with all that over it. You have to learn to work without a towel during the portion of the service where the filter is turned on. You may not like it, but you will have to do it if you want it to be effective.

Hi Jen,
Maybe try this Hun,
Use two hand towels.........roll them up like sausages
place one where the clients hand rests, under the wrist part and one where your hand rest, that way the filter will be kept free to do it's stuff and you and your clients hands can rest in comfort...................
Place paper desk towels around both of them, keeps it all nice and clean and tidy...................

Work for us...........
love Ruth xxxxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back