Nail discounts

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lyssakersch

Reaction score
Is it a good or a bad idea to give family a discount for nails?

Is it a good or a bad idea to give family a discount for nails?

I think most of us do, but I still think it is a bad idea! :biggrin: I really don't see why your work should be worth less to your family ... It is still your time and your products, your education costs ... Time when you could be making more doing a regular client.

Look, as long as its not loads of family members and as long as they don't take the Micky and they look after what you do and return in good time for maintenance then fine. If they are always wanting repairs and re-dos and don't look after what you do I would tell them to go elsewhere (which they won't because they have been getting you cheap). Xx

I think most of us do, but I still think it is a bad idea! :biggrin: I really don't see why your work should be worth less to your family ... It is still your time and your products, your education costs ... Time when you could be making more doing a regular client.

Look, as long as its not loads of family members and as long as they don't take the Micky and they look after what you do and return in good time for maintenance then fine. If they are always wanting repairs and re-dos and don't look after what you do I would tell them to go elsewhere (which they won't because they have been getting you cheap). Xx

I had this problem with my sister in law. I was giving her 50% discount and then gave her a gel manicure for her birthday.

Two days later she had chipped a good few having decided her garden needed a gloveless weeding!!!

I was so cross with her and asked her whether she'd have rushed out to her garden had she paid full price for them! She's not had her nails done by me since :)

My mum and my sister get their nails free but that's it all other family members pay full price! My best friend gets hers free to but she's a hairdresser so does my hair so its more like a swap.

Xx

I give discounts to my family but only as my training prices were so it pays for products and timwe just not my full rate now. but then I find they come to me more regularally that way and actually if I told them I was charging mnore I dont think they would mind and thats because they love having me do their nails. but i also do for family and friends free treatments for birthdays which they love. i think it depends on what your like with them, most of the time they are willing to pay full price but i still say no.

Yeah I give discounts to my close family but everyone else pays full price. I was worse for this at the start and gave discounts constantly and then realised how much money I was losing!
Most of my friends realise it's my business and how I earn money and not a hobby.

my thing is my family lets me practise all the stuff i need to work on on them so i guess aswell thats why i give them discounts.

My sister gets hers done free as she does my hair free. Grandma gets hers free as she has helped me financially in the past. My mum never has anything but would get if free as she helps with childcare. Its my way of paying them back. But everyone else pays otherwise I'd soon be out of business. My mum in law & best friend get nail art free if they have it but its only a couple of pounds and my mum in law always insists on paying full price.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I give a discount to family. My mum would never dream of me doing her nails for free. The only person that gets them free is my 19 year old daughter, who's in full time education and still lives at home :)

My mum & two sisters get theirs free, my nan pays half price but only if I have space on the day she asks - full paying clients come first. Friends get a £5 discount on most things x

I don't charge my mum for her shellac toes, my nan has a pedi every month or so but i don't charge her but she gives me money & tells me to buy my little girl something, my sister gets nails lashes toes & eyebrow waxing for £30! And she still owes me from last week, but she could afford to go to guernsey for a few days to see her boyfriend, she annoys me so much!!

This is a bad idea, I have done this to a family member and I am still waiting for the money 2weeks on. Family just don't take it so serious about the money because they are family and think its not important

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I do my mother in-laws and sister in-laws nails for free. My sister in-law babysits for me and is my model when needed so I do her nails as a trade. My mother in-law does so much for my family I couldn't even think of charging her and she always hands out my business cards when people comment on her nails.

Latest posts

Back