Nail disorder?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sambo

Reaction score
Help.. I've got a new client and soaked off her overlays. She wasn't sure what was on them but I'm assuming maybe hard gel or bio sculpture as it took forever. Anyways her 2 nails look really damaged, she said it doesn't hurt. She said she has had acrylics for years and she thinks bio sculpture (as they don't take the gel off ) they have always just gone on top (think she meant they dont soak off each visit ) has anyone else seen anything like this before?

Sent from my HTC One using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1387398628175.jpg
    1387398628175.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 328
If that was Bio Sculpture,the tech needs to go back to training.

In most cases, Bio techs soak off every set before doing a new one - I don't think this was Bio Sculpture

As for what it is, I've not seen it before, sorry so I can't help!

I might be completly wrong, shouldn't of maybe said bio, I've only worked with soak of gels. The client wasn't sure.

Looks sore doesn't it ?? Eeekkk.... X

Bio Sculpture is a soak off gel :)

It does look sore, poor woman!

I'm in college Friday so will ask my tutor aswell

That looks bad! Is it right through the nail plate to the bed?? Looks like she has been butchered! What did she want you to do?? Or was it just a removal??? Where was she going!!! That needs a look at properly!

Yes it is, it's bad isn't it. What would you recommend? x

Well you couldn't put anything on them without an ok from a doc/nurse- are you sure she's being truthful??? Fresh looking wounds to me?!

Thanks will advise her. Hmmm yea I think so, I hope so.... She said she never see's her natural nails, as always has acrylics etc on. Thanks for your help x

Looks like she has has a bad removal previously even if not that recent- perhaps just aggravated again. Good luck

That looks like it's been buffed/filed right to the nail bed, is there a hole in the nail? If so I'd recommend leaving it to grow out, you don't want it getting worse and don't want others thinking you've caused the damage

Hi ive seen this before on a friend that came to me and asked advise she was using gel at home and buffing etc herself and soaking she was using wrong grits of files and buffers for natural nails prior to doing gel polish and poor removal skills. She has a weeping hole in the nail but surprisingly enough it heeled very quickly. I told her to lay off any treatments and keep it clean and it healed itself but she does have very weak nails and sensitive. Its scarey x

Sent from my GT-N7105 using SalonGeek mobile app

Latest posts

Back