Nail enhancement removal now sore nails!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

angelnailz

Reaction score
hey geeks

Just got a mail from a client saying her nails are sore red and thin and asking if acrylics have caused this.

She had had a set of nails I did on for around 3-4 weeks, She said her nails were fine until SHE removed them. I asked how she removed them she said she soaked them in acetone for 10 mins.

I asked her if they had come off easily after only 10 mins (I always soak for 25 mins) I asked if she had filed or pulled them in any way, she didn't answer the question, she just said they came off fine.

She says she is going to docs Monday as one of her nail beds is not only sore but 'hot' she is worried about infection.

I always advise clients to come to me for removal but as I cant say what happened during her home removal, its hard for me to understand what has happened.

I have done her nails 2 times over prob the last 6 months and they were in good condition I thought, I removed shine as part of prep but certainly didn't over etch and when i removed the first set (she is the type to get enhancements for an occasion rather than keep getting infills/rebalances) there were no problems.

I don't know why she didn't come back to me the 2nd time for removal.

In my heart i don't think I have cased her any harm but I feel crap about the whole situation and when she goes to the docs and tells them she has had acrylics they will prob think she has just been to some chop shop, I think she thinks this is my fault :(

any advise anyone can offer?? xxxxxx

Bless ya. Unfortunately without seing what she actually did to 'soak' her nails off, you will never know. You could ask her to come to you so you can have a look at her nail beds. OMG how many of my clients said that they soaked their nails off when actually they bit them off. I now refuse to do her a set unless she comes to me for her soak off and pays for it in advance!! If your client said that it took 10mins and you usually take 25, then theres possibly a clue. She probably didn't soak them long enough and picked at them, or couldn't be bothered to soak and picked them off. I always tell my clients to come back as they can seriously damage their nails if not, but you cannot force them to do so. This is why tech's get bad names!! Not because of the work we do but poor client aftercare. Like we do because of the 'Cheap walk in' shops, who can seriously damage nails, but everyone thinks we are all the same.

If she books with you again, get her to agree to come back and soak them off with you so you can minimise any damage to her nails.

Good Luck.

There is no way you can soak off l&ps in 10 minutes.
It takes 15 to even remove soak off gels!

She probably got impatient and ripped them off. I would explain to her that the removal process requires the care of a trained professional, and that next time if she wants her nails to stay in good conidition she needs to come in and let you do your job.

I've been doing nails now for over 12 years and take my word for it she has pulled these off!!

She may have wet them with a bit of acetone but she would not have soaked them off in 10 minutes, we all know that. Maybe Gelish or Shellac but not acrylic!!

Don't worry yourself, she is at fault. The description she has given of the nail being hot is classic of a nail being pulled off removing layers of the natural nail with it.

She should let professionals do what we do best!! :D

I agree with the others.... soaked in 10 mins?? LOL as IF!!

We all know that L&P doesn't come off THAT easy and a client will usually not remove their nails with the same care that we nail techs will take.

I wouldn't worry if I were you..... you asked her to come back to you for removal and in typical "I know it all" fashion, some clients watch what we do and think "sure that's easy... I can do that myself and save a few quid"!!

Well, she DID save a few quid...... then she had to fork out for the Doctor!!!!!

Not YOUR fault!! :hug:

Thanks ladies, you are all right of course.

I know as you all say 10 mins is never enough so surely there must have been some pulling involved, I guess I was looking for some reassurance so thank you all as I am feeling much better.

I have been building my business for a while now, so I guess I felt a bit thrown when she emailed me, as I know when she goes to docs she will leave out the fact she didn't have them professionally removed and maybe the docs will be misinformed and tell her it was having the nails done that caused it, a worry as i don't like to think of anyone believing i had done this to a client and certainly wouldn't want her to be telling anyone how her nails got ruined at my hands.

She says she will let me know how she gets on at docs....watch this space! xxxxxxxxx

Latest posts

Back